88GMCtruck's never ending 88 GMC build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I would stick with the original 88-94 if it was my truck. Always liked the look better. But if you do go 95+, go 95-96 IMO. That big bulky airbag thing is annoying. I keep all kinds of stuff over in the side "cupholders" of my 96. That little insert deal that was present in 3/4 tons etc. isn't too useful I don't think. Looks kind of out of place, too.

Colour? Go factory 95-96 maroon....

JK!!! What a horrible colour that was. My old truck was beige, and my current truck is blue. My personal favourite though is grey. No matter what you do, I've gotta say your truck is, by far, my favourite on this site. The amount of time and effort you put into every repair and modification is exceptional. Hats off to you.

PS: I have a full bench seat with the flip down arm rest thing out of a '94 you can have. Drive to New Brunswick and it's yours :rofl:

Last edited:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Well my 99 K2500 had the airbag delete pocket, it was actually very useful for the passengers. It held gloves, cameras, phones, etc very nicely. They actually have a 1/2 round edge and slope inward, so things stay put fairly well.

If I do a OEM color it will be grey or neutral. I have considered charcoal like my 02 GMC has (which is nice) but i do also like the lighter grey.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm honestly SO close to tearing the entire truck down piece by piece in the next year or so, just waiting on a house so I have a permanent space to do it in.

As far as seats, I'm planning on sticking with the 95+ style seats. So much more comfortable. I do think I'm going to buckets this next go round though.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Buckets with an escalade console...or even try to get a full Denali interior. :)

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
id have to agree with the nuetral or grey/tan interiors the pocket seems to stand out on those airbag deletes. dont you have a 454 cluster in the 88 right now too?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Took the day off work yesterday and today, pulled a grey interior and swapped everything over to my truck. I decided to go with a grey dash.

still have to do a few odds and ends.

attachment.php

Ok maybe not. Although that is basically what I would end up with. i do want to use a GMT800 99-02 center console as well.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
all that work and you didn't put leather seats in it? what a shame :p

Even did an extended cab swap too I see! :lol: