88GMCtruck's never ending 88 GMC build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
:lol: it won't be much of a "challenge" for me. Hardest part is swapping the column support.

If i go with a 95+ interior, i will be putting a non functional 98+ airbag and steeringwheel with audio controls, modify the dash for double din and use my stashed OEM fog and aux dash switches for lighting. It would be quite the setup. And would be 100% factory looking, have no doubt.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think you should change the color to gray and leave the 88-94 style interior in this truck. I think it would fit the feel of it more so then the 95-00 interior! That's just my opinion anyway! Love the truck and always enjoy seeing the mods you do! :cheers:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A double DIN radio can be installed where the aftermarket radio's are mounted in the 88-94 interiors. It is quite involved, but they do look very nice when done right! I'm with you on the audio controls though, I'd love to have controls on the steering wheel in my 94' like is in my Caddy!

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
And a DDin in the newer interior looks awesome if done correctly and you dont leave all kinds of space in between the sides. Put like a little cubby hole under it and fill it in. Thats my plans anyways.