88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
His are old school weld wheels. They are 6.5" wide. I personally haven't seen 8" dually wheels. Spacers are required. Dave runs 255/85/18 and I believe a 2" spacer. I run 265/75/16 with 2.5" spacers so I can run cam lock tire chains like those used on semi trucks.
Since I can't find your thread on your truck maybe you can answer here. Could I get away with just 2" spacers with 265s since I don't plan on running chains?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
So you guys running aluminum spacers or steel hub centrics?

P.S. those weld wheels are very nice. In the pics they don't look like 18's to me, but that doesn't mean anything really

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you guys running aluminum spacers or steel hub centrics?

P.S. those weld wheels are very nice. In the pics they don't look like 18's to me, but that doesn't mean anything really
My bad, those are 16's. I'm running steel hub centric from Freds. I believe Dave is running aluminum but I can't recall.
You must be registered for see images attach

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply MR @skylark , I remember perusing the net and stumbling upon wheeladapter.com. That may end up being the place I order from once I decide on wheels and tires. Thanks

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished up my speaker upgrade last night. Not sure why it took this long to accomplish, but the GM issue speakers were shot. They never sounded good to begin with... So out they came and were swapped for a set of Infinity component speakers.

Front doors were easy... Now in the rear I went a different direction. The Crewcab trucks have the same door panels as a suburban, without speakers installed. They use the same rear pillar trim as a regular cab pickup, and have 4x6 speakers in the pillar. 4x6 speakers very rarely sound good, particularly compared to components. I started out investigating and low and behold, the rear doors are already wired for speakers, in the door itself. It ends at the center pillar plug. Still made my life WAY easier.

Did a little fitting and cut the holes for the rear door speakers

Best question is where am I putting a tweeter, and better yet how am I going to do it so it looks factory..... Remember those 4x6 rear speakers..... Since the space was no longer useful, and the stock speakers are crap anyway, I "took them apart" and used the frame as a mount for the tweeters, in the rear pillar.

I'm probably going to steal the subwoofer from the 88 and toss it in there, hopefully I will be able to get a headunit sometime in the near future.
Man I need to do this. My speakers are shot.
What speakers did you use up front

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How deep are those infinity speaker looking at some mb quart but the look pretty deep. Trying to get an idea of how much room I have on front and back doors