88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
A gentleman never kisses and tells.... :lol:

Thanks though, and yes, 10.8 MPG. If you think about it, that isn't bad for a 1-ton crew dually that is supercharged, with 4.10 gears and 33" tires doing 70-80 up 2 mountain passes and back......

Well when you put it like that, I guess it could be worse.
How's the supercharger holding out? Any issues since you've got everything sorted out for the most part?
Seeing you do the 411 makes me realize I need to get off my ass and get one for my Suburban,
And any big plans for the 88?

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Looks great... I need some new speakers in my truck, I was looking at an Infiniti component system as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Man that looks nice... Ever since I flew up to Seattle for a few days and drove up past Everett and back, I can't get that state out of my head. The last time I was this infatuated with a place (New Mexico) I ended up packing my things and moving across the country. lol

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Been getting the tunes worked out with BlackBear, this has been a common sight lately.....

My gauges finally showed up though, here is what they look like out of the box. Speedhut did an awesome job, the quality is excellent, well worth the wait.

Since they were in I had to connect everything, which I pre-wired awhile back in anticipation of this.

The boost gauge uses a electronic sender, which conveniently there was a 3/8" NPT plug in the manifold already (is something for the A.I.R. equipped trucks) so I installed a bushing and adapted it to fit the sender.

Here they are installed in a autometer dual pillar pod, painted to match with SEM.

Oh, and of course, a shot at boost........

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Any time I see anything from this truck I get a nice fuzzy feeling inside.

Then a minor sense of dread knowing it's not in my driveway :rofl:

Like I said previously, you doing the 411 swap gave me the thought about doing it to my 97; what all is involved in tuning it? Do you just send in the PCM and give them a description of what style of tune you want, or is it more in depth than that?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Any time I see anything from this truck I get a nice fuzzy feeling inside.

Then a minor sense of dread knowing it's not in my driveway :rofl:

Like I said previously, you doing the 411 swap gave me the thought about doing it to my 97; what all is involved in tuning it? Do you just send in the PCM and give them a description of what style of tune you want, or is it more in depth than that?
:lol: Thanks.

I told Blackbear what I had and that I was swapping to a 0411. He has a ton of options from just giving you a tune (computer swap), loaning their hardware or buying a couple versions of EFI live. I went and bought the V2 EFI handheld (most powerful/expensive one) so I can one day if i choose to do so, tune myself. I'm also able to data log for him as he tweaks the tune for me.