88 GMC Trail/DD Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Negatory Ghostrider. That's for one of the many projects my buddy (shop owner and mad scientist with diesels) has going on. It's for a IH Scout 2. Currently he's putting an 8.3 Cummins into his Super Duty with an Eaton 13 speed trans.

The 88 will keep the 350HO. Just don't know how long it's gonna stay a 350ci motor... Can't give away all my secrets.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol there's some discussion about building the 350HO into 383 with 11:1 compression...but shhh. Stay tuned.

That particular Scout isn't built yet. All original body panels not even spot welded together.

But here's the little brother's 61 Scout 80. IH 152 slant 4cyl with a KO3 turbo, 3 speed, twin stick Dana 20, FJ60 axles and YJ springs on 35s.
You must be registered for see images

And here's my buddy's 8.3 Cummins that's being shoe horned into a Super Duty on the other side of the shop.

The rolled cab is for mock up.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks sir. Boxing these frames is a pain in the ass from my experience. Side to side they are close but not close enough to mirror your plates. You'll be amazed with how still the frame becomes once you box it.

All I really know about it is it's big and yeller and has no spark plugs. So straight from my buddy's mouth, "It's a3054c 125 horse diesel."

Last edited:

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Careful, that's how squeezing an 8.3 Cummins out of an L8000 twin axle truck, an Eaton 13spd and Rockwell tcase into a Super Duty started lol.

Btw, the truck has an 8" lift on it for a size comparison.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the last crossmember till the suspension is in burned in.
You must be registered for see images attach

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a bit more done. Few days ago finished welding up the frame for now. Today primered the frame, pulled the old kingpins out of the 60 and painted the knuckles a healthy coating of Chevy orange. Super original.