77Conours's 2003 Duramax ECSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you still getting stack put on?

Well, since I had to get new tires my bank account has been drained plus I made a payment for April. I've been trying to get in touch with a guy at Pypes for 2 weeks but have only been getting his voicemail. I'm going to see if I can haggle on the price with them since its not really what I want or that much cheaper. So its still up in the air yet. I think it would actually look pretty decent once I get aftermarket rims....kind of leaning towards Moto Metal 962s at the moment.

kellys good choice look like 265s?

Thanks Jake, yep they're 265/75r16's. Was going to get 285's but didn't want to risk it and I've got more on my mod list than bigger tires and alignment. I owe it to your truck to have me get the Safari TSR's, think I paid $779 out the door mounted and balanced.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Well, since I had to get new tires my bank account has been drained plus I made a payment for April. I've been trying to get in touch with a guy at Pypes for 2 weeks but have only been getting his voicemail. I'm going to see if I can haggle on the price with them since its not really what I want or that much cheaper. So its still up in the air yet. I think it would actually look pretty decent once I get aftermarket rims....kind of leaning towards Moto Metal 962s at the moment.

Thanks Jake, yep they're 265/75r16's. Was going to get 285's but didn't want to risk it and I've got more on my mod list than bigger tires and alignment. I owe it to your truck to have me get the Safari TSR's, think I paid $779 out the door mounted and balanced.

theyre great tires I love mine had 12k + miles on mine and they still look new and I paid 825 for my 285s and 285s fit mine stock

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just like everyone else, I plastidipped my front bowtie. I helped my friend from work put a Spectre cold air intake on his '97 F-150 and in exchange he gave me 2 cans of black plastidip and a can of glossifier. While he started tearing apart his factory intake system I put one coat on my bowtie. It didn't turn out that great but I can re-do it once its a little nicer out. Some of the bowties has dead grass on it because the wind was pretty strong that day.

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well Central PA is getting slightly warmer each day so the truck will be my backup vehicle now that I can get my Nova back out, unless there is inclement weather or the car is down for repairs. Feels good to have a car that idles smooth and the exhaust has a nasty growl to it again!

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Well Central PA is getting slightly warmer each day so the truck will be my backup vehicle now that I can get my Nova back out, unless there is inclement weather or the car is down for repairs. Feels good to have a car that idles smooth and the exhaust has a nasty growl to it again!

That is one hella clean nova.

Sent while drivi-

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I re-did my bowtie with plastidip yesterday and put on a good 3 coats of black then 5 coats of the glossifier. Looks a lot better and there's no dead grass stuck in the paint lol :biggrin: but I also took my polished exhaust tip off to scrub and wash (washed the whole truck) and I painted that with plastidip too. It got 5 coats of black with 5 coats of glossifier. It's got a little more of a matte finish to it but for 2 months until I get a new exhaust and 7" tip it looks great. I painted the rusty old clamp with Rust-o-leum primer and then hit it with a coat of Rust-o-leum flat black enamel and it blends right in. Truck goes in Tuesday for a new window motor and regulator!

Old:

New: