6 inch RCX installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your biggest issue without taking anything off would be overspray.. You'd have to do a lot of masking things off in order to keep it clean plus its harder to prep things when you cant do the entire piece. My dad was a painter for 40 years and has taught me a few things so i definitely think you could do a pretty good job without taking it all apart its just gonna take a bit more prep work. Just make sure everything your painting is as clean as you can possibly get it... obviously the dirt and grease but also things like oil from your fingers can really affect how well the paint will sit up on the metal.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh another thing i just thought of is that if your going to use rattle can to spray them i would clear over that. Using the clear from duplicolor's wheel paint line would probably be the best considering it is pretty damn resistant. I used this stuff ony my 85' harley wheels to paint them black and never had any issues with them flaking or chipping. I also used a self etching primer before i sprayed the black and then i used the clear over that. They turned out awesome. Its the second bike in my sig. Its fairly inexpensive and can be found at most auto parts stores like napa.

Duplicolors site
http://www.duplicolor.com/duplicolor-weblogic/products/wheelCoating/

You must be registered for see images

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Southernpride! I think you could do a good job of painting it on the truck but like Tloud said its gonna take a little masking but it would be pretty easy. I would start buy degrease everything and pressure wash it all really good. Then get you some red scotch bright scuff pads and rough everything up pretty good. Then just get you some good paint prep and wipe everything down good. Get you some undercoating if you havent already done it and undercoat the whole frame since your gonna have it all cleaned up under there. For paint just use whatever color you want then let it dry for 20-30 or so and clear it you can get some pretty good dupont clear in a can from oreillys.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also on the body lift Id say go for it alot of people hate on them but I dont mind them at all, hey its an extra 3 inchs why not!

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i agree some trucks look funny with a body lift but if you have the right setup and clean everything up they look good. I say do it! :roflsquared:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
The trucks that look funny with 3" Body lifts are the ones with 16x7 stock wheels and 265/75r16s, no raised rear bumper (yeah mines still low :lol:) oh and a rusty ass frame, no gap guards.

Take a look at my little sister Cowlboy's truck, :lol: now that som-***** looks perfect with a body lift.

You must be registered for see images

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
The trucks that look funny with 3" Body lifts are the ones with 16x7 stock wheels and 265/75r16s, no raised rear bumper (yeah mines still low :lol:) oh and a rusty ass frame, no gap guards.

nebraskaz71=perfect example of how to properly hide a body lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey thanks alot guys. Just thinking about doing some suspension components red but nothing overboard, just small pieces! Thanks for the input. I just said this in the BL thread but anyway, I think I'm gonna go with a 2". Cowlboy's truck is clean for sure but I just can't stand the frame. Honestly I think it is perfect except for that, maybe it's just that pic that shows how much of it you can see. Another big thing is the torsion bar drop down bracket from my lift...I want to do the realift to put the Tbars back up hidden and get rid of that gay bracket and then do a 2" body and I think it'd be looking right.

Dragit I think yours looks so clean with it because your tbar drop down bracket is so small and barely noticeable, plus it's professionally painted all perfect :D Oh and the rest of the truck is clean as fawk, that helps.

Thanks guys! :D

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think its just the angle of cowlboys truck in the pic that make the bodylift look worse. I kinda like those side steeps on his truck may have to build something like that my wife's always bitching about how hard my truck is to get into mabye they would help I might colormatch mine tho. Also does anyone know were he got his fender flares?