6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I drove the the truck today on its first long trip since the swap. With the 5.7 I would get approx. 300 miles out of a tank. Roughly 23 gallons. So 13.6 mpg on a road trip. I put roughly 23 gallons in before leaving this morning. I've driven 340 miles and still have a 1/4 tank left! So as of right now 14.8 mpg. On the highway. Gonna see how much further I can go to see the final number. Anyway, a bigger more powerful engine, and more mpg than before! That's a win to me any day!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I finally got some free time this afternoon. So I put this bumper on I've been tripping over for two weeks! The lights aren't functional yet. I did do all the wiring for them and the temp sensor for the DIC while I had the grille out. Got all that run up to the firewall. I think it looks :boobs:!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I finally got some free time this afternoon. So I put this bumper on I've been tripping over for two weeks! The lights aren't functional yet. I did do all the wiring for them and the temp sensor for the DIC while I had the grille out. Got allyhst run up to the firewall. I think it looks :boobs:!
You must be registered for see images attach

That would look so good on my truck. Wanna trade for my stock dented bumper?
If you kept tripping over it I would have gladly come taken it and helped you clean up a little. Those foglight buckets must have taken up SO much space.

I am incredibly jealous in all seriousness. Where'd you get the diesel bumper from? LMC Truck?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
That would look so good on my truck. Wanna trade for my stock dented bumper?
If you kept tripping over it I would have gladly come taken it and helped you clean up a little. Those foglight buckets must have taken up SO much space.

I am incredibly jealous in all seriousness. Where'd you get the diesel bumper from? LMC Truck?
No thanks on the trade! Lol! I purposely put it where I would trip over it so it wouldn't be sitting on the shelf a year from now! I ordered the bumper off eBay. Right around $175 shipping included! Not the cheapest I saw but not the most expensive either. It fit great and seems to be good quality!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
No thanks on the trade! Lol! I purposely put it where I would trip over it so it wouldn't be sitting on the shelf a year from now! I ordered the bumper off eBay. Right around $175 shipping included! Not the cheapest I saw but not the most expensive either. It fit great and seems to be good quality!

I haven't seen any that cheap; the lowest price I've seen was $177 from Discount Body Parts,

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Oh and I finished running my gas out today. 22.5 gallons, 370 miles, so 16.4 mpg all together! Not bad for this big ol truck! Probably would have been more if I had driven on the highway. But stayed in town today.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Welp. That needs to stay up until payday. It looks like there's a smoothie bumper for $156 too!
Did you ever get the wiring laid out to use the stock Fog switch? I'm **** with trying to figure out wiring,
Got the lights wired up to the firewall. Haven't done anything in the cab yet.