6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Hey guys! I decided to move my 6.0 swap over to here as it is more relevant to what we're discussing! I'm currently in the process of putting a 6.0 into my 2000 k2500 CCSB! The old 5.7 has a hellacious knock in it in the mornings! Usually quits after about 30 mins run time, but it drives me insane!
The truck
You must be registered for see images attach

Has been leveled out since this pic, but it's the only one I have at the moment
The engine

Last edited:

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Progress so far

The drivetrain is out and ready for a much needed clean up. Plan to pull the engine later today. Will post up later. Bare with me, may be a couple of days between post. Doing this when I have spare time. Between work, a wife, and three sons not too much time to call spare!

Last edited:

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I'm so envious of you guys in the no-rust states!
Don't let the pics fool you! This truck came from Maryland! I believe if it stayed there much longer it would be a POS! I spent some serious time de-rusting when I painted it!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Beautiful truck. You're my hero for tackling this with 3 kids. I'm lucky to have time to change the oil lol
I'm no hero! I just have a wonderful wife who puts up with my addiction! I couldn't do it without her allowing me to! Lol! She asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said I wanted to get this done. She told me to get to work! I love her with all my heart and don't know what I would do without her!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to seeing more on this! Love the color combination too!

What part of NC are you located in? Forgive me if I already asked, but I've noticed a jump in the amount of North Carolina members here recently;

K2500fourdoor

Reaction score
I want to tackle this exact same swap on my 2000 crew cab! Let me know how the wiring side of things go! I’d love to hear all the small details about the install and everything you had to change or modify to get it to work. My crew cab has a pretty good knock for about 30 seconds when you fire it up in the mornings or after it sits for a while