6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Got started on re-pinning my PCM. Used lextech's spreadsheet for this. Took some time but got all the wires switched over from the obs plugs to the 0411 plugs.
You must be registered for see images attach

Still have to add the wires for the coils and the knock sensors. Hope to get that done tonight.

I know the pics are out of order but this one is more clear on what wires I have to add to the harness.

Last edited:

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice! You're definitely giving me the confidence to tear into mine. I'm not sure if you're aware but I think I recall the three wire guage reading inaccurately in this application. I think it reads consistently but just not accurately so it will function properly but just be off. I haven't looked to see if that can be changed in a tune.

K2500fourdoor

Reaction score
Sorry for the hold up guys been dealing with sick children! Guess what! Now I got the same crap they had! Anyway I've pressed on and done some more wiring. Got all the injector plugs soldered in. Had to cut the big spider plug off and solder on the individual injector plugs.

I know the pics aren't to detailed on this part. It's pretty straight forward. All the pink wires are hot so it doesn't matter where the hook. Just as long as it pink to pink. The other wires (color w/tracer) are the control wires for the injectors. Hook them up according to cylinder location. All mine matched to the same color! I AM NOT by any means saying yours will be the same way. Used this pic I googled for the big plug locations.

I lengthened my IAC, TPS, alternator, AC, and temp sensor. Used three wire sensor from 97 Camaro so I could hook the gauge to it as well.
So did you have to run wires out to each individual injector then?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Very nice! You're definitely giving me the confidence to tear into mine. I'm not sure if you're aware but I think I recall the three wire guage reading inaccurately in this application. I think it reads consistently but just not accurately so it will function properly but just be off. I haven't looked to see if that can be changed in a tune.
I've seen mixed results. I figured I'd give it a shot before I started with the adapters.

K2500fourdoor

Reaction score
Yes. I had a junk harness off a 5.3 I stole all the connectors I needed from.
So basically you cut off the spider plug and then wire on all the pig tails to each individual injector up to where you cut the plug off? I’m giessing my wiring should be the same as yours

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
So basically you cut off the spider plug and then wire on all the pig tails to each individual injector up to where you cut the plug off? I’m giessing my wiring should be the same as yours
Basically, yes. But do them one at a time as per the diagram I posted. I cut the whole injector harness off both sides of the donor harness I had and the wires happened to match. Never assume everything is the same, it should be but go by the diagrams.

K2500fourdoor

Reaction score
Basically, yes. But do them one at a time as per the diagram I posted. I cut the whole injector harness off both sides of the donor harness I had and the wires happened to match. Never assume everything is the same, it should be but go by the diagrams.
Are you using a 5.3 harness?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Are you using a 5.3 harness?
That's what I used to get my connectors off of. And spliced the into the obs harness. 4.8,5.3,6.0 engine harnesses are all basically the same. Maybe some variances in injector plug styles (I've read this) but everyone I've ever messed with is the same across all three displacements of these engines.

K2500fourdoor

Reaction score
That's what I used to get my connectors off of. And spliced the into the obs harness. 4.8,5.3,6.0 engine harnesses are all basically the same. Maybe some variances in injector plug styles (I've read this) but everyone I've ever messed with is the same across all three displacements of these engines.
Alright cool, because it seems a lot harder to find an actual 6.0 harness, let alone finding a 6.0 for a decent price haha