6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Heads from the 01 as well or are those what came on the lq1? And do you have to have a spacer and a different flex plate to bolt the original tranny up to the motor? I’m a little confused on everything that’s need to put the older style 4l80e that we have to an ls motor
The heads came on the lq9. If your 6.0 came originally hooked to a 4l80e it will have a flat flex plate with a spacer behind it. This will bolt right up to ours. If not it will have a recess in the center of the flex plate with no spacer. Will not work without a spacer ring or the other setup.

K2500fourdoor

Reaction score
The heads came on the lq9. If your 6.0 came originally hooked to a 4l80e it will have a flat flex plate with a spacer behind it. This will bolt right up to ours. If not it will have a recess in the center of the flex plate with no spacer. Will not work without a spacer ring or the other setup.
Alright sweet. I wasn’t sure if 4l80’s were different depending on the years. I know 4l60’s were different

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Well I managed to get a little accomplished today! I used the 1" set back motor mount adapters. They set everything right back where it was. Everything went back in without a hitch. Got the front accessory drive, exhaust manifolds, radiator hoses, heater hoses, and the engine cover all on. Used radiator hoses off a gmt800 truck. Had to do some more trimming to the engine cover. All in all a pretty productive day! Gonna start on the wiring when I have a good couple of days to dedicate to it. Hopefully this week!
You must be registered for see images attach

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like how you just came in here and got down to business. Looks good. Keep the updates and pictures coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I like how you just came in here and got down to business. Looks good. Keep the updates and pictures coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I've been lurking for quite a while! Just not one to post something that doesn't go anywhere! I hate to get interested in a thread and BAM it just dead ends! I will see this through, just might take me a few weeks!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the LS swap what so ever! I have to brag on my everyday driver "Ol Blue" a 99 1500 ecsb Z71. He passed another milestone today! 375k on the clock! The original 5.3 lasted to 360k when the oil pump o-ring took a dump! Went a little bit too far before I realized there was no oil pressure. The cam bearings ate themselves! I had the 6.0 I'm putting in my ccsb that I pulled from an 06 vortec max truck that barrel rolled down the interstate several times at 65k miles. Wanted to get her going and check the 6.0 out too. It was trouble free for about 13k miles. So when my ccsb started knocking I hatched a plan! I came across a 4.8/4l60e takeout with 130k for $300! Couldn't pass that up! So out came the 6.0 and in with the 4.8. He's not as fun to drive anymore but for an everyday beater I wouldn't take anthing for Ol Blue. Here's a couple of photos.

Forgot to mention, the rest of the this truck is original! Trans, rearend, and all other major components have not been touched! Why is it that Canadian built trucks seem to give less trouble than their counterparts?

Last edited:

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Anybody have a wiring diagram for the spider injection plug? The MAF and IAT sensor too if you got it!

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was curious what the differences were between the LQ4 and LQ9 tuning. Looks like gm removed the PE delay, so that comes in immediately (though a tad rich), they added some timing in the high air-mass areas, and torque management has been reduced some.

Awesome project though!

Reaction score
I built those brackets myself. I got the idea from a forum member "lextech" he sells the kits pre made. They look a little better than mine. He has them CNC water jetted. His kit is very nice and complete. I had all the stuff laying around the shop to build mine so I saved a few bucks. I do not take credit for this idea it was solely his.

Sweet. Are those factory vortec AC hoses then?