6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I want to tackle this exact same swap on my 2000 crew cab! Let me know how the wiring side of things go! I’d love to hear all the small details about the install and everything you had to change or modify to get it to work. My crew cab has a pretty good knock for about 30 seconds when you fire it up in the mornings or after it sits for a while
Will do! Been busy with work this week. Hope to dive in on the ol girl this weekend. When I start the wiring I'll try to be as detailed as I can!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
What accessory drive setup is that? I like the compressor on top like that.
I built those brackets myself. I got the idea from a forum member "lextech" he sells the kits pre made. They look a little better than mine. He has them CNC water jetted. His kit is very nice and complete. I had all the stuff laying around the shop to build mine so I saved a few bucks. I do not take credit for this idea it was solely his.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm following this one pretty closely myself. Doing the exact same swap in my 98 when I get the time. Motors already built just gotta build up the nerve to tear apart a running truck.

How are you going about wiring? Adding to existing harness or stand alone?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I'm following this one pretty closely myself. Doing the exact same swap in my 98 when I get the time. Motors already built just gotta build up the nerve to tear apart a running truck.

How are you going about wiring? Adding to existing harness or stand alone?
Tear it apart! Mine was running too! It's not that bad once you start! I'm gonna add to the existing harness. Gonna use just the 411 pcm to run the whole truck. Either way works but I like the way the factory harness runs in our trucks. It tucks tight to the firewall behind the intake. Think it's gonna make for a clean factory looking setup!

K2500fourdoor

Reaction score
Intake is 01 so I can use a cable and blue/red pcm for tow/haul without the bcm. Bottom end is an lq9 out of an 06 vortec max truck.

Heads from the 01 as well or are those what came on the lq1? And do you have to have a spacer and a different flex plate to bolt the original tranny up to the motor? I’m a little confused on everything that’s need to put the older style 4l80e that we have to an ls motor