6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Would it have been easier to use the entire LS harness and splice in only the necessary wires for the truck? The computers are in relatively the same spot. No re-pinning, etc. etc.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Would it have been easier to use the entire LS harness and splice in only the necessary wires for the truck? The computers are in relatively the same spot. No re-pinning, etc. etc.
Maybe so. The harness I had for the 6.0 was hacked up and pulled all out of shape. (Got a buddy who thinks he's a wiring guru!:crazy:) I do a lot of swaps into older trucks and cars so I elected to keep my good harnesses for making money and make my own for me:rockit:. Plus I kind of like the way the obs harness tucks to the firewall. I ran all the wires behind the intake and hid them. Looks clean and factory!

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no hero! I just have a wonderful wife who puts up with my addiction! I couldn't do it without her allowing me to! Lol! She asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said I wanted to get this done. She told me to get to work! I love her with all my heart and don't know what I would do without her!
amen im in that boat.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I was curious what the differences were between the LQ4 and LQ9 tuning. Looks like gm removed the PE delay, so that comes in immediately (though a tad rich), they added some timing in the high air-mass areas, and torque management has been reduced some.

Awesome project though!
Sounds like you know your stuff! I haven't gotten into tuning myself yet. Everything I've done is pretty well stock. Brendan at lt1swap.com has always been my go to guy. I would like to get into tuning so I could add some goodies to these things. Just haven't studied it enough. It sounds pretty complicated. What's the best equipment to use?

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you know your stuff! I haven't gotten into tuning myself yet. Everything I've done is pretty well stock. Brendan at lt1swap.com has always been my go to guy. I would like to get into tuning so I could add some goodies to these things. Just haven't studied it enough. It sounds pretty complicated. What's the best equipment to use?

Lol I'll revise that as "know some stuff" definitely don't know everything, I'm still learning.

I use hp tuners, efi live is the other big name tuning suite.

Depending on what you're trying to do, it wouldn't be that hard to jump in to.

For example, if you're starting with a stock motor and just want to make it run better, just dialing in the VE, and MAF will help and those are pretty easy to do. Then you can make changes to things like the timing map, torque management, and transmission without too much work. Just takes a little time and testing.

Really, LS stuff should be pretty easy, as there is a lot of help on the forums.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Wh
Lol I'll revise that as "know some stuff" definitely don't know everything, I'm still learning.

I use hp tuners, efi live is the other big name tuning suite.

Depending on what you're trying to do, it wouldn't be that hard to jump in to.

For example, if you're starting with a stock motor and just want to make it run better, just dialing in the VE, and MAF will help and those are pretty easy to do. Then you can make changes to things like the timing map, torque management, and transmission without too much work. Just takes a little time and testing.

Really, LS stuff should be pretty easy, as there is a lot of help on the forums.
Probably a dumb question. What is VE?

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wh

Probably a dumb question. What is VE?

Not a dumb question if you haven't looking into it.

Volumetric efficiency. Models the engine airflow. MAF table is the airflow vs sensor frequency. They both usually need some adjusting.

If you're serious about getting into it, I would read some how to guides on the hp tuners or ls1tech forums.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Not much to report. Family gatherings and Christmas activities have taken priority!
I did manage to squeeze in a couple hours this morning. I finished adding the wires for the coils, second knock sensor, trans range signal, and tow haul. Got the pcm connectors all buttoned up then taped them up. Looks purty well factory. (Those wires hanging out are for tow/haul and trans range signal)
You must be registered for see images attach

Didn't tighten the top one all the way down. Gotta modify the gray cover on the bottom one so I don't pinch the wires. They wouldn't stretch far enough to come out the other end. After I did that I had to put the finishing touches on the "BIG" gift my three boys are getting from Santa. Tow Mater golf cart! What you guys think?

Last edited:

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Hey guys! I haven't stopped or finished this without keeping y'all in the loop! The holidays have put everything to a grinding halt! I did manage to get my PCM sent to Brendan at lt1swap.com last week. Hope to have it back in a few days. Still have to hook up my trans range signal wires and the tow/haul wire (snatched a tow/haul shifter out of a gmt800 truck last week). Hopefully she'll breathe some life by this weekend!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Alright fellers! All the wiring is done!!!:33: Got a email from Brendan stating my pcm was shipped. So it should be here at least by Monday! I finished up wiring in the trans range signal wires an tow/haul this morning! Also got the battery and breather box finished up. It's pretty much done except for exhaust. That's next on the list as soon as I find some dinero!o_O Any muffler suggestions? Looking for a mellow tone without drone in the cab at 70mph! Here's a few pics!

And I'll just leave this here!

Last edited: