6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Alright fellers! All the wiring is done!!!:33: Got a email from Brendan stating my pcm was shipped. So it should be here at least by Monday! I finished up wiring in the trans range signal wires an tow/haul this morning! Also got the battery and breather box finished up. It's pretty much done except for exhaust. That's next on the list as soon as I find some dinero!o_O Any muffler suggestions? Looking for a mellow tone without drone in the cab at 70mph! Here's a few pics!
You must be registered for see images attach

And I'll just leave this here!

Got anymore pics of the 67-72? Looks sharp as hell!
And for mufflers, a big case Magnaflow or Jones Full Boar is going to fit your bill; free flowing, but mild.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Got anymore pics of the 67-72? Looks sharp as hell!
And for mufflers, a big case Magnaflow or Jones Full Boar is going to fit your bill; free flowing, but mild.
No not at the moment. That's a 72 short bed. It belongs to my buddy. We put a 05 model 4.8 and a 700r4 in that jewel! One of the best running and driving trucks I've been in! I'll get some more pics of it tomorrow! Here's a couple crappy pics of my 71 long bed that was my grandpas! I put a 2000 model 6.0 in it with a 700r4!

This pic does it more justice as to how clean it is! (That's me and two of my boys)

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
No not at the moment. That's a 72 short bed. It belongs to my buddy. We put a 05 model 4.8 and a 700r4 in that jewel! One of the best running and driving trucks I've been in! I'll get some more pics of it tomorrow! Here's a couple crappy pics of my 71 long bed that was my grandpas! I put a 2000 model 6.0 in it with a 700r4!

Nice! I've got a buddy who's stepdad has a 69 Chevy C10 long bed, something like 72K miles on it to boot!
I've always had a soft spot for this body style; my uncle has a 69 C10 Camper Special that I've been trying to buy for like, 6 years now. It's been sitting ever since I was a kid living in Iowa, and unfortunately I think the frame's rotted through on it from being in the Midwest

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Nice! I've got a buddy who's stepdad has a 69 Chevy C10 long bed, something like 72K miles on it to boot!
I've always had a soft spot for this body style; my uncle has a 69 C10 Camper Special that I've been trying to buy for like, 6 years now. It's been sitting ever since I was a kid living in Iowa, and unfortunately I think the frame's rotted through on it from being in the Midwest
They are getting scarce! My family was in the furniture business for over 80 years. Our store bought the truck new in Jan. of 71. When they closed the store after my grandfather passed away I asked my great uncle if I could buy it. He sold it too me for $1! Then gave me $10 to get some gas to get it home! Lol! I have all the original paper work, even the original title to this truck. It was originally a stepside, 6cyl, three on the tree! (Still have the original bed) I put the signs back on when I fixed her up. I'll post some better pics tomorrow when I can get some good ones in the daylight!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
More pics as promised!
My buddy's 72 short bed
05 4.8/700r4

My 71 long bed
2000 6.0/700r4

Last edited:

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Guys I've also been holding out! I own 2 other gmt400s as well! A 98 ecsb Z71, 5.7/4l60e. I don't really drive it that much as it's my baby. She's got almost 300k on the clock but this truck is brand new! I rebuilt it from the ground up! I'll edit this post tomorrow with a better pic. But here's a taste! (It's the white one closest in)

Also a 97 GMC Burb. I just painted it last year! Sorry pic is out of focus!

It's strange up until I joined this forum I didn't take very many pics of my vehicles!

Last edited:

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
You guys may think I'm crazy. I'm not real big on loud obnoxious exhaust. Especially on something I'm gonna take road trips in. I'm thinking about a dual in single outlet muffler. Flowmaster has a 2.25 dual in, 3" single out 70 series muffler. Claims to be very mild/mellow with minimal resonance in the vehicle. Anybody had any experience with these?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
You guys may think I'm crazy. I'm not real big on loud obnoxious exhaust. Especially on something I'm gonna take road trips in. I'm thinking about a dual in single outlet muffler. Flowmaster has a 2.25 dual in, 3" single out 70 series muffler. Claims to be very mild/mellow with minimal resonance in the vehicle. Anybody had any experience with these?

70 Series is a very mild muffler, not sure on the drone, but the Flowmaster mufflers I've been in contact with (Dual Super 10s on my dad's C3500, and a Super 44 on my truck) droned pretty badly;