6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BigCarrot

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yip, barely hanging on mate hahaha :cheers: my parts arrived a couple days ago . . . at my stateside post office box, now it's another week to go from there to here. How is the young fulla doing?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Yip, barely hanging on mate hahaha :cheers: my parts arrived a couple days ago . . . at my stateside post office box, now it's another week to go from there to here. How is the young fulla doing?
I imagine waiting on parts for you is brutal! My son is doing great! He's still fighting a little bit of an ear infection in his left ear. He's back to eating and drinking the way he was and fighting with his brothers! It's been a hard couple of weeks for him but he's getting back to his old self! I thank God he's doing better, as I've seen on the news some families were not this lucky! Again thanks to you and everyone else for their thoughts and prayers!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought mine in 2002 for my wife. I had a 93 WT. When the trans went out in the 93 ( in 2010) , I told here I would buy here something else, and I wanted this one. 3 door EC2WD. 342 rear, 5.7L 4l60E. I was looking for a 1970 El Camino, but couldn't find what I wanted for $10,000, so my wife says. look you got a 350, power windows, locks, Viper alarm ( with keyless entry), cruse, tilt, ECT, so why not have it painted. Had the paint done on the cheep ( $865 with the strips ). in 2013. As for performance, the block is stock, but I do have shortys, true duals, I put a 165 degree thermostat ( its hot here, you know) high flow air filter, I tuned it with a Jet tuner set on max, and set the speed limiter on max also 183 MPH I think, it will never see that HA HA, I did the 4 high head light mod, the throttle blade mod, the big 3 upgrade, but mine is a big 5, Pioneer bluetooth with a 680 watt amp pushing 1 Sony 10 under the back seat. and I did the upper corner lights mod. And I just had the bed Line-xed about a month ago. Not sure if I left anything out, but that about covers it.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I bought mine in 2002 for my wife. I had a 93 WT. When the trans went out in the 93 ( in 2010) , I told here I would buy here something else, and I wanted this one. 3 door EC2WD. 342 rear, 5.7L 4l60E. I was looking for a 1970 El Camino, but couldn't find what I wanted for $10,000, so my wife says. look you got a 350, power windows, locks, Viper alarm ( with keyless entry), cruse, tilt, ECT, so why not have it painted. Had the paint done on the cheep ( $865 with the strips ). in 2013. As for performance, the block is stock, but I do have shortys, true duals, I put a 165 degree thermostat ( its hot here, you know) high flow air filter, I tuned it with a Jet tuner set on max, and set the speed limiter on max also 183 MPH I think, it will never see that HA HA, I did the 4 high head light mod, the throttle blade mod, the big 3 upgrade, but mine is a big 5, Pioneer bluetooth with a 680 watt amp pushing 1 Sony 10 under the back seat. and I did the upper corner lights mod. And I just had the bed Line-xed about a month ago. Not sure if I left anything out, but that about covers it.
Wow you got a lot of work in yours too! They really are a labor of love! I love to work on mine especially with my oldest son (6). He is looking toward to helping me install the lift this summer!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice talking. I got to get up at 6:00 for work, but I am on line almost every day. You can hit me up any time, and I will respond.

1BigCarrot

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang mate, they're some small pics. I can't tell what they are. Dunno how some of our ole timers are gonna get on haha

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you wouldn't mind getting some pictures of the exhaust system on the crew cab that would be greatly appreciated, and I don't know if the gmt800 shifter bothers you sticking up like that but if you get a shifter out of an 02 astro van the shifter is the same as the gmt400s and it has a tow/haul button on it.