6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here some pictures of a tow/haul light I made from a peice I cut out of a gmt800's dash and used a PAC TR7 module to get a led to stay on with the push of the momentary ground button on the gmt800's shifter before I found the astro shifter
You must be registered for see images attach

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here some pictures of a tow/haul light I made from a peice I cut out of a gmt800's dash and used a PAC TR7 module to get a led to stay on with the push of the momentary ground button on the gmt800's shifter before I found the astro shifter
Think it would be possible to do something similar with the unused shift up light in the gauges?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could the reason I didn't attempt going that route was I was afraid of cutting into the 120mph cluster and messing something thing up and or not happy with the look of it. Like it would be recessed or glued to the top and be an eye sore

Last edited:

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
If you wouldn't mind getting some pictures of the exhaust system on the crew cab that would be greatly appreciated, and I don't know if the gmt800 shifter bothers you sticking up like that but if you get a shifter out of an 02 astro van the shifter is the same as the gmt400s and it has a tow/haul button on it.
My exhaust is nothing special at the moment. I had the flanges that bolted to the ls manifolds. Took her to a local exhaust guy and had him hook back into what was already there. Cost me $80! Funds were tight at the time! I plan on having the whole thing redone this spring with a flowmaster 70 series 2.25 dual in and 3" single out. I'll grab a couple pics when I get home later.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
The shifter doesn't bother me where it's at. I'm interested in the tow/haul light though! Anymore details on the wiring?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I'm thinking about not using this 6" lift. At least not on this truck. I use this truck everyday for hauling kids or pulling something! 6" lift just doesn't seem practical for now. I do wanna do all the other mods I mentioned earlier along with some BFG's. It's cranked 2.5" in the front now. Should I go with 285/75/16 or will a 305/75/16 work without rubbing? Either way I'll end up with enough lift to satisfy me and still be practical.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know, you have your truck for a long time, and there are things you forget that you did to it. I am not a fan of flowmasters. I like performance, and flow masters have baffolds in them. This is a restriction, and will not perform as well as a muffler that has straight through flow, like SLP, Borla, Magnaflow, or even old school glasspacks. If all you want is sound, then it doesnt matter. I did my exhaust myself several years ago. I went to the junk yard, and got another tail pipe. I used this as a donnor so I could go around the spair tire. I went to Orileys and got a few straight pipes, then cut up my donner tail pipe. Once I removed that huge 2 into 1 OE muffler, I bought 2 old school glasspacks, and installed these, then tied in the OE tail pipe, and cut up the donner and made it fit around the spair tire. I built 2 stainless tips from some scrap I found at work and welded them to the reciever hitch with a specer. I TIG welded all of my exhaust pipe, and the tips to the pipe. I guess the only thing I am missing is a X pipe.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for all of the repete pics, I guess my phone hickuped

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also if you look close at my hitch, you will see a bar welded to it, I added about 200 pounds around the hitch and dropped the back 2 inches. I was having issues with traction especially on the rain soaked roads. This is a big help. I dont tow much, so I not worried about toung weigh.

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The shifter doesn't bother me where it's at. I'm interested in the tow/haul light though! Anymore details on the wiring?
The tr7 module can be programed to do many things one of them is it will do a constant 12v with a push of a momentary ground so the tr7 wiring is 12v ignition, chassis ground and then the trigger wire that Ts into the wire between the button and the 0411, then the wire that will send power to the light circuit