6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
My truck is absolutely filthy right now, I need to deep clean the interior something terrible, I'll throw up a picture in the Daily Truck pics thread later to show y'all what I'm dealing with.

Can't wait to see this thing all put together!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
If I can't see the floor, I don't get in. One of my sister's vehicles, you could almost guarantee a meal of sorts if you picked through the crap that is in there. And yes, she bought the car brand new after saving her little ass off for two years but has no idea how to clean or detail the interior. I know a couple of guys who are worse.

Grab a couple rubbish bags and get the boys to empty the car out and fill 'em up, then go show mum. Persist enough and for long enough at least the boys might learn something especially when they are old enough to to start impressing the girls.

Middle of summer here and I haven't bothered to wash either of my two vehicles for a couple months. It ****** down with rain every other day so I don't see the point at the moment.

I have the same height lift with similar size tyres Jay but mine rubbed like a mother fugger. I almost ripped my flare off trying to back into my driveway. I have now installed a 3" BL as I didn't want to cut/trim my bumper or flares. I trimmed the valance a little but was still rubbin' my nerves the wrong way. The body lift sorts that rubbing issue up front and gives me a little more room up front and out back to achieve my goals for this thing.

What lift are you going with?
I'm going with. Superlifts kit with Bilstien 5100 shocks. Claims 5-7". I imagine the rear blocks are 5" and the extra 2" in the front is cranked. I have the kit here but haven't installed it yet. Just opened the box to make sure all the pieces were there! One reason I decided on this kit is you don't have to hack up the front diff. I know you have to cut the stops off. But they can be welded back on if taken off correctly. If I ever take the lift off. (Like that's ever gonna happen! But I'm that way). Also no track width is added. I'm gonna run my PYO's with 315/75/16 BFG All Terrain KO2's. Kit specs say you can use a 35" tire. These measure around 34 1/4". I can live with trimming the valance a little. At least this is my plan.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going with. Superlifts kit with Bilstien 5100 shocks. Claims 5-7". I imagine the rear blocks are 5" and the extra 2" in the front is cranked. I have the kit here but haven't installed it yet. Just opened the box to make sure all the pieces were there! One reason I decided on this kit is you don't have to hack up the front diff. I know you have to cut the stops off. But they can be welded back on if taken off correctly. If I ever take the lift off. (Like that's ever gonna happen! But I'm that way). Also no track width is added. I'm gonna run my PYO's with 315/75/16 BFG All Terrain KO2's. Kit specs say you can use a 35" tire. These measure around 34 1/4". I can live with trimming the valance a little. At least this is my plan.
I'm the same way about reversability. If I ever lifted my burb, it would be a 4" superlift kit with Bilstein 5100s as well.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
My truck is absolutely filthy right now, I need to deep clean the interior something terrible, I'll throw up a picture in the Daily Truck pics thread later to show y'all what I'm dealing with.

Can't wait to see this thing all put together!
I can't wait to start! But I wanna have all my pieces and parts here and ready before I jump in! Can't stand to get started on something and have to stop because I'm missing something!

1BigCarrot

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear you about cutting ***** up. I don't have much choice, so I have to lop the top of my front diff off just to make the steering work correctly. One thing leads to another as we all know . . . the joy of mixing two lift kits and working around our poxy rules.

Have you looked at Off Road Design's shackle flip kit and greasable bushings. Nice stuff, works way better than factory, and you get to throw those ugly ass blocks in the bin. I installed the u-bolt reversal kit as well. The factory retainers were pretty corroded as they hold water and mud which you can't see unless you get right under your truck. Mine wouldn't have lasted very long at all as the factory u-bolt had all but corroded away :eek:

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I hear you about cutting ***** up. I don't have much choice, so I have to lop the top of my front diff off just to make the steering work correctly. One thing leads to another as we all know . . . the joy of mixing two lift kits and working around our poxy rules.

Have you looked at Off Road Design's shackle flip kit and greasable bushings. Nice stuff, works way better than factory, and you get to throw those ugly ass blocks in the bin. I installed the u-bolt reversal kit as well. The factory retainers were pretty corroded as they hold water and mud which you can't see unless you get right under your truck. Mine wouldn't have lasted very long at all as the factory u-bolt had all but corroded away :eek:
No but I'll check it out! Any things better than big ugly blocks! Lol! I like the idea of a u bolt flip too! Looks cleaner and don't have to worry about the nuts catching something! I'm lucky where I'm at, don't have too many crazy rules here in North Carolina! If fact I'm buddies with the fellow that's over our DMV/drivers license agency, and county inspections! He a pretty cool guy and very helpful in "iffy" situations!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Not much in line of updates. I did get these new trim pieces for the front bumper in the mail today! Scored them for 8 bucks and some change a piece on rockauto! Still collecting other stuff! Bare with me!
You must be registered for see images attach