6.0 installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello, a small update, I have decided to do a cam swap, I am about to order a Thunder Racing 224/224 112LSA cam, and also swap in some Patriot Gold dual spring's and hardened comp 7.4 pushrod's. I have always wanted some cam sound while I cruise it around at show's, plus I won't turn down the extra power either.

bigwavedave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man, I sent you a PM and an Email. I am in Austin ans would love to come check out your swap if you don't mind....I don't mind helping at all either.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LS motors don't really make "cam sound" and if you do buy a cam that does it won't run correctly.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have changed my cam choice to a Texas speed 224R, I called them up and talked to a guy there and told him what I wanted, he directed me to this cam, I believe I will like it, plus it's not such a big cam that it moves the powerband up to high to be functional in a big heavy truck, anyway I will be ordering it very soon!

silverado_lover

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome choice man! Alot of guys throw that cam in a 6.0...I'm gathering parts for my 5.3 now.

I plan on using a TSP 220/220 112 LSA, PAC 1518 valvesprings, and 7.4 pushrods.

BTW sweet CCSB not many trucks are that low and fast :D

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank's man, yeah I think it will be a great cam, and it sounds like your 5.3 is going to move too!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok cam, spring's and pushrod's are in, and roller timing chain and new melling high pressure oil pump are supposed to be here tommorrow, the truck should be running very soon, I will post up a vid.