6.0 installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am just not crazy about them, and even the one's that fit the obs, don't have much clearance at all, plus I would want stainless ones because all of the jet hot coated header's I have seen chip up and then rust.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the AC bracket's from a guy named Josh Power's, makes real nice stuff, he doesn't have a website though, just an e-amail add.

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you are using the Stock compressor for the 5.7? Also what are you using as far as drive shafts go? Do you have a 10 bolt in the back, are you using the 4l80e? were you going to try and pull one out of a CC NBS? or have one custom made?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
you are using the Stock compressor for the 5.7? Also what are you using as far as drive shafts go? Do you have a 10 bolt in the back, are you using the 4l80e? were you going to try and pull one out of a CC NBS? or have one custom made?

Hello, yeah man I am running the stock 95 R4 compressor, as for the driveshaft my truck was originally an 1/2 ton ext. cab 2wd automatic with a 4L60E, if you have that setup all you have to do when you lengthen the frame for the crew cab is swap your original rear half of your driveshaft, starting right behind the carrier bearing, for a RCSB with automatic driveshaft. It fit's perfect with no mod's. I have a built 4L60E with a Corvette servo, etc. that I am running behind the 6.0, if I have to change the only trans I will use will be the newer 6L80E. Lastly yeah i am running a 10 bolt with 3.42's, I have always liked those gears, for me they are a combination gear, good take off, but still low rpm's on the highway. I have another crew cab with a 14 bolt FF G80 and 4.10's I hate it on the highway. Another company that makes compressor brackets now is Novak, their website is novak-adapt.com and they make some nice stuff. Take it easy and if you have any other questions please ask.

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man. My truck started out as a regular cab long bed and will be putting in a 4l80e so I'm not sure how I'm going to work it out now. Is this the bracket you were talking about or did I skip over something on there website? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VTA-141805/

Also what do you think about this bracket? The only thing is I'm not 100% sure where it is going to mount at. It works on my TBI 5.7 and the 6.0 I will be installing.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VTA-141805/

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your welcome, and I have never seen that bracket before, it may work but I don't know anything about it.