454 budget mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90droptop

Reaction score
Who here has done some basic mods to a l29 let's put a price range on it from free-500. Simple bolt-ons, tunes, cam, exhaust?

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wait4me.com tune, k&n intake, cats removed, plugs gapped at 45 instead of 60, that stuff woke it up, mainly the tune. dui distributor, fiveomototorsports.com injectors and fuel pressure regulator to be done soon, just need to find time.

90droptop

Reaction score
Injectors done, regulator done, k&n filter done, need to pull plugs and regap them, I need to keep the kitty's legalities in TX require them.
I guess cam, tune, headders are next

Anyone make a decent supercharger for the l29?

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive fallowed a whipple build over on fsc.com, seems like quite a lot of work and monitoring to keep it safe but maybe that's cause he was pushing it for all he could get. I don't think they still make them though but they pop up now and then for sale used. for the same power level and less work id just put a 502 ramjet in it. ive tossed that idea around for a while if anything major happens to mine, just turned 200k on it but other than the leaky injector issues it runs great.

90droptop

Reaction score
I think the supercharger can wait till I have another dd thinking headders cat delete and true dules

Last edited:

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the 0411 swap made a big difference in mine, way better drive-ability. And then if you go the custom tune route, you can adjust and tune for far more parameters than the old black box

90droptop

Reaction score
411 swap I keep hearing this but have yet to look into it what is involved in it? Something about repining wires to run a different ECM?

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
true duals to the muffler and in all reality that size tail pipe flows as much as two 2.5 inch, no gain there, just looks/sounds better