3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sure it's subjective. But if he's comparing it to a 5.7 TBI, the 7.4 TBI is a beast. Maybe less so in a CCLB, but it motivates my little RCLB dually just fine.

Richard

Mmm, I'd say one is gutless and the other more gutless. Same idea. I'm looking forward to the elevation mod in September myself. Here everyone is similarly disadvantaged so it's all relative. The tune makes a biiiig difference.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm, I'd say one is gutless and the other more gutless. Same idea. I'm looking forward to the elevation mod in September myself. Here everyone is similarly disadvantaged so it's all relative. The tune makes a biiiig difference.
Hope the move goes well for you. Doubt that you’ll have to go through IL, but if you do and need something please reach out. I’m 1hr south of Rockford.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marry her before some other truck guy does it for you!!
That’s the plan. She said I should at least drive it for a while before deciding. She’s right. It had just been something I’ve been thinking about.

I suppose that’s what this is all about. Working with what we’ve got and changing it til we like it or hate it and don’t want it.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That’s the plan. She said I should at least drive it for a while before deciding. She’s right. It had just been something I’ve been thinking about.

I suppose that’s what this is all about. Working with what we’ve got and changing it til we like it or hate it and don’t want it.
So it's a full 1990-1994 interior swap, then!

:superhack:

Richard

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just measured from the ground to fender on the front and rear.

Front: 30 3/4 inches
Rear: 28 3/4 inches

How the F am I supposed to come up with 2 extra inches of drop up front? The DJM coils are 2” drop springs paired with 3” spindles.

Will cutting a coil off of a 454 spring really get me to where I need to be?

Is it possible I did something wrong? I look at @someotherguy ’s dually and it sits great. Different brands but same parts (coils, spindles, flip kit) and several other members have similar results, but not me.

The springs are seated in the LCA, they are torqued with the weight of the truck on them. I had the truck on stands under the cab, put a jack on the LCA, and lifted until the truck was off the stand on that side, then torqued them down. Repeat for the other side. Is this wrong?

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
It's still going to settle some, you need to put some miles on it.

Also, the rear arch isn't cut as high as the front arch. My Suburban at stock ride height measures 36.5" F and 36.75" at the rear and it has waaaayyyy more rake than a .25".

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took a Quick Look back in thread, but didn’t see if you had measured everything before drop. Just wondering the actual drop amount achieved so far with new parts. I know it was supposed to be 2”, but did it actually drop 2”. ^^^ just read latest post, maybe still settling - 2” would be a lot of settling though.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's still going to settle some, you need to put some miles on it.

Also, the rear arch isn't cut as high as the front arch. My Suburban at stock ride height measures 36.5" F and 36.75" at the rear and it has waaaayyyy more rake than a .25".
Thanks for measuring. Yours probably has the good rake, not like mine.
I took a Quick Look back in thread, but didn’t see if you had measured everything before drop. Just wondering the actual drop amount achieved so far with new parts. I know it was supposed to be 2”, but did it actually drop 2”. ^^^ just read latest post, maybe still settling - 2” would be a lot of settling though.
I’m a fool and didn’t measure before the drop. Agreed 2” would be a lot.