3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if it doesn’t need to be bled? I suppose it should still cycle it even though.
It does need bled unfortunately. It’s got air in the system. I need to get this straightened out before I start driving.

The ABS light cycles normally. It does its self check then turns off. I’ve got to get my notes in order then post. Just glad to have the wheels. If I have to put the 88-94 proportioning valve on, I will. Or maybe I’ll pull the fuse and the bulb. I don’t know.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least I'll be able to get my tires this week.
Order of operations here:
1. Wheels installed
2. Steering box and cooler installed and bled
3. ABS issue resolved.
4. Get aligned
5. List on marketplace

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At least I'll be able to get my tires this week.
Order of operations here:
1. Wheels installed
2. Steering box and cooler installed and bled
3. ABS issue resolved.
4. Get aligned
5. List on marketplace
That bad, eh, that you wanna sell it? Mine's pissing me off too, almost wanna sell it too. Just wanna make the damn thing work though.
As far as bleeding the ABS, what scanner or tool are you using for it? Had to bleed the ABS module on a 95 k1500 that was in the shop, it didn't really wanna cooperate at first, took a few tries though. I was using a fancy Strap On scanner though, so it kinda made it too easy. Sorry if you've put all that in the thread you were talking about, I haven't gotten that far yet.
Edit: Just read the thread, sorry. Yeah, I realize I am not qualified to answer LOL.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s a reasonable price I could get out of this? Of course way less than I’ve got into it, which might be good justification to keep it. $8K seems reasonable.

I really want a C3500 CCLB. I’d prefer TBI, but I know the TBI 454s are kind of gutless… I don’t love the 95+ interior either. I keep thinking about that ‘93 C3500 that was just too much work. I should’ve bought it. Just spitballing here. I could always 8.1 swap it.

I keep doing all this work and I’m just not excited to drive it. I’m looking forward to driving my ‘94.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What’s a reasonable price I could get out of this? Of course way less than I’ve got into it, which might be good justification to keep it. $8K seems reasonable.

I really want a C3500 CCLB. I’d prefer TBI, but I know the TBI 454s are kind of gutless… I don’t love the 95+ interior either. I keep thinking about that ‘93 C3500 that was just too much work. I should’ve bought it. Just spitballing here. I could always 8.1 swap it.

I keep doing all this work and I’m just not excited to drive it. I’m looking forward to driving my ‘94.
Bah. The 7.4 TBI's aren't gutless; that's just people comparing them to modern stuff and numbers on paper. Go drive one around that is in good tune and you might agree. Mine's still not up to par but it will fry the tires in a hurry if I romp on it.

Best choice to me being an "old interior" lover would be 1992-1994. That 3 year span of old interior but no moonie gauges.. go for 1994 if you don't want R134a-retrofit hassles.

Richard

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score

I've only one complaint about my TBI 454 (suburban); its drinking problem. Power wise, it seems to have plenty despite not being as smooth as it could be and the occasional rough start. Won't light up the rear tires on dry pavement (i haven't really tried either), but it will certainly let loose if I lean in too hard on wet roads from a stop or a slow idle.