3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Bah. The 7.4 TBI's aren't gutless; that's just people comparing them to modern stuff and numbers on paper. Go drive one around that is in good tune and you might agree. Mine's still not up to par but it will fry the tires in a hurry if I romp on it.

Best choice to me being an "old interior" lover would be 1992-1994. That 3 year span of old interior but no moonie gauges.. go for 1994 if you don't want R134a-retrofit hassles.

Richard

That's pretty subjective. I think a stock 454 Vortec is gutless.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s a reasonable price I could get out of this? Of course way less than I’ve got into it, which might be good justification to keep it. $8K seems reasonable.

I really want a C3500 CCLB. I’d prefer TBI, but I know the TBI 454s are kind of gutless… I don’t love the 95+ interior either. I keep thinking about that ‘93 C3500 that was just too much work. I should’ve bought it. Just spitballing here. I could always 8.1 swap it.

I keep doing all this work and I’m just not excited to drive it. I’m looking forward to driving my ‘94.
You just might love it.