3/4 leaf springs on a 1/2 ton truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 z71

Reaction score
i also have 3/4 ton springs in the back, but my tortion keys are cranked to keep the front level, also raised mine up a few inches in the rear, it looks like its got a 4 inch lift sitting next to my dads stock 93 lol

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I've got a K2500 (already has those springs, but 6 lug still) and with a 2.5" lift block in the bac, 285s, and a light crank (didn't wanna max it), it sits basically like the red truck posted above, but about 3" higher overall.

Rusty Silence

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had used springs put under mine, new spring packs might give you more lift. If you want stock height but more weight capacity overload springs might be what you want.

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
i had 3/4 ton springs put under my 95 ecsb 1500 and i really liked them. they didn't squat nearly as much when towing but they did raise the back of the truck a couple of inches. mine was a 4x4 by the way.

Did you do the install yourself? I am going to do the same thing very soon and was wondering if i needed new u blots and such or if the regular ones will still work.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
YES NEW Ubolts and IMO i would replace the end spring bolts and nuts as well! and use loctight on them.
and be sure to properly torque the Ubolts down right and check them afterwards as well. i think your suposed to check them at 10miles after instal, 100miles and then 1K miles to recheck and make sure they are properly torqued still. i didnt and afew of my nuts came loose or something and the little movement they got wore the threads off and i had to cut them off and replace the whole ubolt

Rusty Silence

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would use your main leaves and just add the extra leaves from the 3/4T packs or the 3/4T spring packs minus the mains so you don't have to try to get the spring bolts out because they can be a huge pain. It is recommended to use new u-bolts because they stretch every time they are tightened. And no I didn't do it myself, I don't have the good tools for that kinda stuff especially when my buddy will do it for around $60 :D

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I would use your main leaves and just add the extra leaves from the 3/4T packs or the 3/4T spring packs minus the mains so you don't have to try to get the spring bolts out because they can be a huge pain.
easy to get them out, you use a ball joint press and it pushes them out like butter

CajunGMC

Reaction score
This one's easy. I swapped in 3/4 tons in my 94 in about 3 hours. local pull a part had them for $25 a pair. impact and some PB blaster is all ya need. I did go with new u bolts and like above a balljoint press will help alot. retorque after test drive then bout a month later. added 1 inch of lift but no bottoming out when towing hay trailers. Easy upgrade.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Can I do an aal and get the same results?