3/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like my factory rims I'm not quite ready for 20s you but I don't know about notching the control arms either I'm not too big on that. Also I'm assuming it easier to remove the bed to notch the frame and do the pia part of the back end?

Last edited:

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You pick up guys seem to have it easy with notching the frame. When I go to notch my suburban, I'm sure I'm gonna run into an issue or two since I cant just get away with pulling the bed off to do it.

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the the djm lower control arm and drop spring ? Will that take care of clearence issues .nice trucks really like the 4/6

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually people tend to shy away from drop control arms because it causes problems with the front end geometry. Yes it will take care of clearance issues but it will bring up other problems down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does it do to the geometry ? Just asking never personally lowered one before . But am very capable just trying to take in all the good and bad and make heads or tales of it I don't think the inspection police would like me carving my control arms

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My truck has been through more than one random roadside inspection. I don't why.
The truck just seems to be magnet for these guys. http://www.cvse.ca/ They're cops. They have those powers + the knowledge of an actual certified mechanic.
In all the years my trucks been @ 4/6, not one of them has said anything about the trimmed LCA's. And yea, they've seen them.
The trimming doesn't affect the strength, because all that's really getting shaved down is what GM refers to as 'rain gutters'.
If the amount of trimming that has to be done structurally weakened the LCA's, I'd be worrying about they're integrity before the trimmage!

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about towing? I have a boat I fresh water fish and do it a lot I've seen pics of beds looking like accordions from carrying weight. But also future plans of a lq4 swap with some mods to the motor trying to get 400 horse will I have problems with the notch? One day I would like to take it out to a track and flog it

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about towing? I have a boat I fresh water fish and do it a lot I've seen pics of beds looking like accordions from carrying weight. But also future plans of a lq4 swap with some mods to the motor trying to get 400 horse will I have problems with the notch? One day I would like to take it out to a track and flog it

You will be fine..... Notch it and don't look back:headbang: