3/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty convinced to go 4-6 myself, I just don't think if I did 3-4 I would be happy for long, I would want more. I see where your torn though.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck has been through more than one random roadside inspection. I don't why.
The truck just seems to be magnet for these guys. http://www.cvse.ca/ They're cops. They have those powers + the knowledge of an actual certified mechanic.
In all the years my trucks been @ 4/6, not one of them has said anything about the trimmed LCA's. And yea, they've seen them.
The trimming doesn't affect the strength, because all that's really getting shaved down is what GM refers to as 'rain gutters'.
If the amount of trimming that has to be done structurally weakened the LCA's, I'd be worrying about they're integrity before the trimmage!
Is that every where? I'm in texas and haven't heard of that. That's crazy. Don't these people have bigger things to worry about?

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Canada. They're RCMP. Mostly they check commercial vehicles. But they have the power to check any vehicle, & while they usually leave the Hot-Rod, custom, muscle cars alone, bringing 'attention' to yourself, is the only excuse they need to help you waste an hour or more while they 'inspect'.
There's a series of 4 round-abouts almost in a row under one of the bridges here. Truck route, so they're big in size & fairly wide.
Pushing the truck pretty hard through them one day. Havin' fun! Just past the last one, there was a truck spot inspection. 1/2 a doz. dump trucks pulled over.
Just as I'm going past, a guy in orange overalls jumps out from between 2 & hollers at me to pull over. Was about to flip him off, when I see an 'RCMP' shoulder patch. Oh, O.K. It's the party pooper patrol. Guess they heard me coming! Lol!
They weren't happy. They dawdled on the 'inspection', but even in the mood they were in, they said nothing about the ground down control arms. They were more concerned with the C-notch install.
Ended up with a stern talking down to, like I was 10 years old! No tickets, though! Hehe!

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in va we have a yearly inspection the dump trucks,etc get inspected every time the go through a tunnel around here I guess what gonna have to do is talk to the state/ inspection station and ask question I would like to go 4/6 but not at the cost of not being able to drive it around here

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody think I could run a 2-3/4 drop with 20x8 4.5bs 255/45/20 and 20x10 5.75bs 295/40/20 and get this look ? Truck is absolutely perfect in my opinion.... of course.
You must be registered for see images attach

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody think I could run a 2-3/4 drop with 20x8 4.5bs 255/45/20 and 20x10 5.75bs 295/40/20 and get this look ? Truck is absolutely perfect in my opinion.... of course.
That's nice. Needs more low IMO.

Personally I'm a slammed kind of guy. 5/7-8 or bags ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It'll work, but all it's going to take is one really good dip at high speed and you're rumpling some fenders. That's just not a wheel that is suited for a lowered application of any amount.

Here are those same sizes except on wheels with 5.5" backspacing; the front is a 2" drop, rear is 2" also but since it's a Suburban the rear is already lower than a pickup; the rear 2" is probably very close to 4" on a pickup. The front is the big concern anyway though. With 5.5" it's no issue at all. 4.5"? I'd be a little nervous. Could be fine for a long time, then, whammo...!

Richard

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just my .02 but the belltech 3/4 drop with spindles and springs for the front only calls for the front LCAs to be ground down when the rim has 3.5" or more of backspacing only my .02 and i haven't quite been there done that build still in progress but the rims i have are 3.5 bs and with a .5" spacer doesn't hit at full wheel turn