2003 GMC Sonoma ZR2 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I like the diamond plate in there actually, nice touch!

Thanks

I've had that for about 10 years. Made it from a scrap piece when I worked at a shop in Albuquerque.

Next on the list:
Color matched spray in liner (So I can get rid of that shltty plastic bed liner that sticks over the rails)
Subwoofer

I really, really want a set of these Grand Prix leather seats. This is a set I found a couple weeks ago in a junkyard but the driver seat wasn't in great shape. I've seen one other set in a ZR2 and they looked perfect. I love how the passenger seat folds down flat.
You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks

I've had that for about 10 years. Made it from a scrap piece when I worked at a shop in Albuquerque.

Next on the list:
Color matched spray in liner (So I can get rid of that shltty plastic bed liner that sticks over the rails)
Subwoofer

I really, really want a set of these Grand Prix leather seats. This is a set I found a couple weeks ago in a junkyard but the driver seat wasn't in great shape. I've seen one other set in a ZR2 and they looked perfect. I love how the passenger seat folds down flat.

Those are awesome seats

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Finally pulled that ugly bedliner. I was afraid of scratches on the bed rails - and I was right. Don't know what genius thought this bed liner would "protect" the paint or thought it was a good idea to drill huge holes for the toolbox.
Gonna patch up the holes and drop it off hopefully next week for a color-matched spray in liner to cover it all up.

No rust anywhere, just a lot of dirt and grime. I don't understand why plastic bed liners are supposed to be a good idea..

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Nice truck! I drove a standard S10 for like 4 years, and about 90k. Good truck, thirsty, but good.

People are lazy, plastic liners are like a feel good mod. I've had really good luck with Raptor liner in my other project's, do you not want to spray your own?

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Thanks! This is my 3rd s-series, second Zr2.

Thought about doing it myself, But I'm way too OCD I'm afraid I'd mess it up lol plus the place that's going to do it actually takes the VIN and paint matches it... That way it isn't noticeable on the bed rails. If it wasn't for the holes/scratches on the sides I would just clean the bed and call it good but I want that stuff covered up.

Pampo'sTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck came with a plastic bed liner from the dealership if I remember right (I was young then). It also flew out the back of the truck one day when I was driving down the interstate without the tailgate on. Oops, RIP plastic bedliner. lol

I like your lil red truck. I wouldn't mind a lil 4 door zr5.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
My truck came with a plastic bed liner from the dealership if I remember right (I was young then). It also flew out the back of the truck one day when I was driving down the interstate without the tailgate on. Oops, RIP plastic bedliner. lol

I had a T-Top do that once, kept right on rolling in Orange County CA traffic like nothing happened, ignored the chaos behind me lol

Thanks! This is my 3rd s-series, second Zr2.

Thought about doing it myself, But I'm way too OCD I'm afraid I'd mess it up lol plus the place that's going to do it actually takes the VIN and paint matches it... That way it isn't noticeable on the bed rails. If it wasn't for the holes/scratches on the sides I would just clean the bed and call it good but I want that stuff covered up.

That makes sense, I don't blame you. I hate driving my truck looking the way it does, even though it's supposed to be a beater.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score

Thanks! I nearly bought a ZR5 but the deal fell through... I really wanted a 4 door but then I also wanted the ZR2 suspension. It really just came down to whatever I found first. Now that I have this, I wish I had a 4 door. If I had bought a 4 door, I'd wish I had a ZR2 lol

Truck looks a million times better without that toolbox!

Thanks, I agree. I didn't even realize I didn't like it til I took it off lol
I really wish I would have kept my old toolbox now! It sat down inside the bed rails and you couldn't see it from he sides.
I think this one is going up in CL now

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Nice ZR2, I had one years ago and loved it, but needed a bigger truck. Now that I'm older and better employed I've toyed with the idea of picking up another one for around town…

This is a ****** old photo of it…