2000 K3500 4x4 CC DRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not off hand, but the 411 only uses 1 knock sensor and our 454s have 2 knock sensors. Likely that.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NVM Lex responded pretty quick and told me where to put it.
My truck is also wired for both single and dual gas tanks for some reason, I left the dual wiring un-plugged since they're supposed to plug in to the same place.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got it finished and it starts and runs!
Though its slow to start and sounds kinda weak, it doesn't spring to life like it did previously.
I'm comparing my stock tune to the one the 411 came with, a few differences. I think i'll put the stock tune on and go from there. Hopefully the start up and idle improve.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You gotta mix and match **** from the 5.7 and the 8.1. Does your computer know the engine's displacement is 7.4L?

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It may also be the computer learning and going through it's paces. If my battery dies or I leave it unplugged it'll run like butt until It's had a few heat up cycles to NOT. Then it's fine.

I think I sent you an email, maybe even a tune, some time ago. Did you get one?

I also have an excel sheet I scavenged from the internets that'll calculate cranking VE. If the new airflow table works out for you as far as normal running, you can use it to calculate a suitable cranking VE table and it should speed your starts up.

Mind sending me the tune you pulled out of your old ECU via email?

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you both for your help, Christian I took the 4 degrees of timing out of the 489 tune and updated the displacement.
Went to write the file and... interface error :(
I'm going to work with hp tuners support, I'm pretty sure my controllers sucks, same error on two laptops.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you both for your help, Christian I took the 4 degrees of timing out of the 489 tune and updated the displacement.
Went to write the file and... interface error :(
I'm going to work with hp tuners support, I'm pretty sure my controllers sucks, same error on two laptops.

Man that sucks, hopefully its an easy fix.