2000 K3500 4x4 CC DRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
After I fix the above I'll get started on:
  • Add a receiver hitch
  • Add tow mirrors
  • Add truck bed camper mounts to frame
  • Add Lance wiring to bed
  • HD door handles
After all that I'll be picking through 88GMCtruck's thread for bitchin mod ideas :Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
If you are hauling a camper, just bite the bullet and get the torklift superhitch and the frame mounted tie downs. Also, the K2XX mirrors are nice.

My thread? Naw, there isn't anything worthwhile in there :lol:

You know, I'm open to trade offers. :rofl::rofl:
The auto tranny is the only thing I don't like about it :naughty:
:lol: i wouldn't give up my NV4500 for anything.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: I got the brake lights working, I was all ready to change the brake switch but somehow they just started working again. I had un-bent one of the pins, i think the ground, in the passenger tail light the other night. For some reason I remember testing after and still not working, but I just tested and it works now :shrug:
I guess i'll keep the new switch with me just in case.

I ordered this class V hitch (god I love amazon Prime) and I hope to have it installed by next weekend.
http://www.amazon.com/CURT-15325-Cl...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I tested the 7-way plug and thankfully the basics still work, though I need a brake controller if I ever want to use all 7 on a bigger trailer. Looks like one was installed previously but taken out, hopefully the wiring is all still there.

Now I'll start troubleshooting the power locks and power mirrors, I have a feeling I have a couple bad switches, though the key fob unlocks all doors but driver side so I'll have to research that.

If you are hauling a camper, just bite the bullet and get the torklift superhitch and the frame mounted tie downs. Also, the K2XX mirrors are nice.

My thread? Naw, there isn't anything worthwhile in there :lol:

:lol: i wouldn't give up my NV4500 for anything.

I'm definitely going with the torklift frame mounted tie downs, as well as those new mirrors.
That superhitch is way too expensive though, 3x the cost of the class V hitch i ordered.
I'd be surprised if I ever tow anything that heavy with a bumper pull.

It would be nice to make the tie down mounting easier, but I decided I'll drill the 8 holes and save $400 :anitoof:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I ordered this class V hitch (god I love amazon Prime) and I hope to have it installed by next weekend.
http://www.amazon.com/CURT-15325-Cl...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I'm definitely going with the torklift frame mounted tie downs, as well as those new mirrors.
That superhitch is way too expensive though, 3x the cost of the class V hitch i ordered.
I'd be surprised if I ever tow anything that heavy with a bumper pull.

It would be nice to make the tie down mounting easier, but I decided I'll drill the 8 holes and save $400 :anitoof:
Yeah i understand their cost is high, and i'm not really towing much weight either. The reason I ended up with one is because my old camper's overhang, I had to use the extension.

Oh and did I mention the truck has never been registered outside of CA?
Obligatory frame pic :Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
Mine looked very similar.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah i understand their cost is high, and i'm not really towing much weight either. The reason I ended up with one is because my old camper's overhang, I had to use the extension.
Ah that makes sense.
Mine is an 8' Lance that sits flush at the rear end.
I think next year I'll sell the camper to buy a bumper pull toy hauler for more space.
3 people in the lance for 10 days in the desert dry camping is tough.
That's a clean Dually!! And the perfect color! LOL! I want one so bad!
Thanks!
Thats awesome. Wish i could find one.
Thanks!
It took me a while to find this one, just gotta keep looking.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only a few updates below. I'm getting married in under 2 weeks and as much as I'd like to spend more time on the truck, I have to focus on the wedding and Hawaii honeymoon after.:Big Laugh:

I started (attempted) to clean the gross out of the seats. I'm not sure how much patience I'll have with the home steam vac, the water it sucks up is continually brown. I may either try to have it professionally cleaned or just wait to re-upholster later in the year. I want more padding so I'm leaning toward waiting.
You must be registered for see images attach

(you can see the cleaner half on the right and dirty half on the left)

I had to change the brake light switch after my brakes kept going in and out. I thought I had the problem solved right after I bought it with a bent ground pin in the brake light housing, but I was informed at a stoplight by a nice guy that they were out again.

Then I found this when taking off the dash bezel to figure out my cargo lamp switch...

I'm not sure what the orange wire is for, but I have a hunch it's related to the day time running lights.
When I had the switch unplugged today my lights came on, i'm guessing DRL. When I plug it back in they turn off.
I'll have to replace the harness, which hopefully doesn't involve removing the dash, but the wires are fused together pretty far back so it may come to that.
I'll also replace the switch and maybe the wire won't fry again. :33:

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made a ton of progress over the weekend:

I finally got around to pulling the dash and replacing the wire yesterday (I'm so sleepy today :bawl)
I found that the wire goes to the inside fuse panel to the parking lamps, which had a 30a fuse in the 20a spot that i didn't notice before :(
I got a new harness in, corrected the fuse, and made sure everything works before starting to put the dash back in.
Why someone put a 30a in only raises more questions.
Hopefully they couldn't read the numbers well, and there isn't some bigger issue.

I also installed the receiver hitch, that at least went smoothly. :badger_1: