2000 GMC 3500 & Gooseneck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Dont except the truck if it doesnt meet your expectations. I assume you told them what you were expecting. I worked for an automechanic and found out two things
1. If you take the car and your not happy with it, you are stuck with it unless you want to pay more.
2. If you are allowed to make a partial payment towards a repair, the shop has opened a line of credit to you in the courts eyes.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't spent a dime yet, and I won't be giving any until it is the way I want it.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I finally got the truck back tonight.

You must be registered for see images attach

I know it is a crappy cell phone pic, but the new bumper and grill look amazing, I am pretty damn happy with it.

Got it back and the AC was not working though, I am going to try charging it up, hopefully none of the system got damaged.

I think the next step is going to be getting a new distributor, doing the plugs and wires, and then the programmer.

I am also considering throwing a new motor in, right now I am going back and forth between a HT502 big block, or the Cummins, I think a 12 or 24 valve would go really awesome in the truck.

We will just have to see what pans out there.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Re: 2000 GMC 3500 & Gooseneck.

this is a very nice looking truck.... glad to hear you got it back and was pleased with the outcome!

Sent from my static android

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I decided to do a photo shop of what it will look like lowered.

I think some air ride is definitely going to be in the trucks future.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well found part of the problem tonight.

Put a new set of plugs in it, they were all pretty tired, this one though was absolutely horrid, found a broke wire on it I suspect it had not been firing for a while.

I put some Bosh Iridium plugs in it, truck scared the crap out of me when I put my foot in it, I suspect with the new dizzy and a tune on the ECM this thing is going to be living large and hauling @$$!

We will see how it does next week, Tuesday I am driving it to Dallas to attend an Event honoring Chief Kyle, a whole bunch of folks are going to line the road as his funeral precession passes by.

More info here

I am working up a design for a big steel trident that I am going to stick into the reciever for my B&W 5th wheel ball, I am going to hang a US, US Navy and POW MIA flag off of it. I figure it will be a fitting tribute.

98C2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
right now I am going back and forth between a HT502 big block, or the Cummins, I think a 12 or 24 valve would go really awesome in the truck.

Is a Cummins in a GM HD body a fairly common swap? I had no clue people do that but it sounds cool, I've never really liked the look of the Dodge trucks....

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is a Cummins in a GM HD body a fairly common swap? I had no clue people do that but it sounds cool, I've never really liked the look of the Dodge trucks....

Easy swap, people do it all the time, it is a bit expensive, but not as bad as you might think.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am having fun tonight...

Almost have the old dash out.