2000 GMC 3500 & Gooseneck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Earlier this year as some of you know I wrecked my 97 Chevy crew cab dually on my way back from my Christmas vacation in Montana as I was traveling through Nebraska headed to Texas.

You must be registered for see images attach

I hit a pothole going 75 mph, needless to say it was not good for my suspension and it caused a ball joint to separate, bent the frame and screwed up the cab when the tires slammed into it. As well with the wreck the engine would no longer start and thus the insurance company decided to total it.

So there I was standing in Nebraska, still a thousand miles from Houston, wondering what I was going to do because unbeknownst to me I did not have rental reimbursement on my policy.

I called Uhaul and asked about a truck, the cheapest I could get was about $1,350.00 going to Houston, and I'd still have to buy gas for it.

The issue was I had my dog and tools with me, so a regular rental car would not work. I wound up talking to the guy who owned the towing company where my truck had been towed, he sold me a 1970 Chevy C/10 that had been an impound.

I wound up having a pretty epic adventure driving that truck back to Houston, not going to get into it here, but the old truck did good, it made it. averaged 16 mpg the whole way too all loaded down with my junk. I was fairly impressed of the old truck for that.

Since then that is what I have been driving.

Now originally the reason I had a Crew Cab dually is I was planning on buying a Goose Neck trailer and hauling all my stuff back to Montana when I finished school, and recently I have been needing a truck with a trailer on several occasions and my C/10 just has not been cutting it.

Thus I have spent the last couple of weeks truck shopping and found this one:

I made the deal on it today, and this weekend I will be driving to Dallas to pick it up.

Tomorrow the guy I am buying it from is going to get it over to a shop to have a B&W turnover ball installed in the bed. This is so I can also get this:

It is a 26' 21K goose neck. I am super excited about it because this is a huge mile stone for me because it is the means by in which I will be moving when I graduate college back up to Seattle. This trailer is going to get that job done for me.

I am really excited about it, I will post pictures when I get my hands on it, and show you all the little road trips I make with it.

The truck has a Vortec 7400 in it right now, I am thinking once it is ready to be replaced I will put a Cummins 12 valve in it.

All I know though is that it is going to feel so good having a solid truck again that actually has power steering and air conditioning.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well a small update, tomorrow it is going over to get a B&W turnover ball installed in the bed, then I will be picking it up Saturday afternoon.

When I make my trip to Montana my dad has a B&W 5th wheel coupler I am going to take off his hands.

And I am going to get one of these for the trailer:

That will convert it to a 5th wheel, which I prefer because I think they tow a lot nicer, and you don't have to crank them up super high when you are unhitching.

It will be really nice if I put air ride on the truck because I wont even have to crank the trailer up then, I can simply set the landing gear down, drop the bags and slide out from under it.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of mirrors for the truck.

They are heated power adjustable and have the turn signals on them. I am going to get everything wired up proper I think it is going to be very nice having that all setup. They are going to be really nice over the stock sport mirrors.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it was a pretty big loss, I had the transmission flushed, put brand new Michelin tires on it all the way around, then put new exhaust, a new stereo, alarm, and did a whole bunch of other stuff to it only to lose my ass on it. I invested 8500 in that truck, got back 5500 from insurance, I was pissed!

I have since switched insurance companies, I am now with USAA, they are a much better company.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I understand about insurance companies totally, we had a burb stolen and our insurance screwed us bad.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Sorry about your red dually, this new white one looks really, really nice though. I can't wait to see it with the mirrors and stuff. Is the white one diesel?

Subbed to this thread BTW.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry about your red dually, this new white one looks really, really nice though. I can't wait to see it with the mirrors and stuff. Is the white one diesel?

Subbed to this thread BTW.

The white one is a Vortec 7.4, I have had my fill of GM 6.5's thank you very much!

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same here no more 6.5's for me!!

I found this 95 3500HD at a salvage place in Georgia, it caught fire, I was thinking about buying the frame and running gear and swapping my body over to it. As well I have a 5.9 Cummins that is really strong I'd put in it if I do.

I think that would make it into a really slick rig!

Albeit a bit of work.