2000 GMC 3500 & Gooseneck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the time is 10:58 PM, I have class at 9:00 am tomorrow, think I will make it?

You must be registered for see images attach

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
nope! :lol: been there done that! Driving to campus with parts everywhere and everything all apart.

I've never taken the dash apart that much. I wonder how much has to be plugged back in to drive it.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I am done with this truck, its getting sold.

You want to know why GM went broke? This is why:

They started making trucks out of Plastic.

Last edited:

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the truck had to go back into the shop because the radiator was cracked, that was Monday, I still do not have it back.

I'm getting pretty pissed about it. But I have decided for the time being to keep the truck.

Tonight I am going down to look at a parts truck that has a very good looking dash in it, the only issue I see is the center screw hole in it broke out, but it looks to be repairable. So we will see how that goes.

It also has a nice looking set of doors on it, and a Vortec 350/4L80E setup, not sure if the rear will be a full or semi floater 14 bolt but we will see.

The bed and tailgate also look pretty clean in the pics I am going to look at it today or tomorrow so we will see how that turns out.

Also yesterday I priced out a new P&J T9 series 24' deck tilt trailer.

Going to get mine in red with the Oak floor. I should have my hands on it in April or May sometime.

Then in June the big move is happening.

I had been considering buying a 40' trailer so I could get both my jeep and my 72 on it at the same time, but instead I am going with a plan B that involves leaving the 72 at a friends house in Kansas for a while until I get my shop in Montana setup.

Now I just need to get my damn truck back from the shop. Being stuck in a rental car is getting old in a big hurry.

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently I bought a new 2013 Kearney 20' All Steel car hauler trailer.

One thing the trailer needed that it does not have is a winch mount, so I designed one in AutoCAD for my Warn 12 Series Industrial 12K winch.

Today I got the mount plate built and ran the cable out and re-spooled it on the drum properly, I forgot to grab lube for it so I will get to do it all over again, but that is life.

I got this winch about 3 years ago from Someotherguy, I had never hooked it up to see if it worked, it has been sitting since then, I was glad to see that it did, the only thing wrong with it is that the plastic cover on the solenoids is busted, other than that it seemed to run flawlessly and sounded good.

I am going to need to get the last 8 or so feet of cable cut off, it is pretty raggity, but it will work for now.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great. How are you going to power the winch on the trailer? Just use a battery on the trailer or are you going to set up to charge battery?

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great. How are you going to power the winch on the trailer? Just use a battery on the trailer or are you going to set up to charge battery?

I am going to put a tool box on the tongue, then a battery inside, that battery will get hooked to the hot wire that charges the trailer brake battery.

EWheeler

Reaction score
Enjoyed reading your thread. You gave some pretty good insight into some of the typical problems with the 7.4l. After reading about your MAP sensor, I got one on order because my truck is a gutless and it has the same rough idling symptoms. Injectors and FPR need to be replaced as well.... Did you ever get a tune thrown in it?

MrBeast

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Enjoyed reading your thread. You gave some pretty good insight into some of the typical problems with the 7.4l. After reading about your MAP sensor, I got one on order because my truck is a gutless and it has the same rough idling symptoms. Injectors and FPR need to be replaced as well.... Did you ever get a tune thrown in it?

Never got the tune. Never bought the programer.

I have the truck up for sale now because I need a 4x4. The next truck will be identical but a 4x4 in black if I can find it.