1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got like 80 psi in the bags because I had it loaded down with the wheels an tools an all. Had sick kiddos so I had to grab everything an do it at the house. I probably should have just waited but they had been sitting long enough
That explains it. Will they tuck once you drop that pressure?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That explains it. Will they tuck once you drop that pressure?
It's gonna be tight, but it looks like they will. I'll check it tomorrow. Honestly as much as I hate too I probably need to raise it about an inch. Going to trim the flares more an see how that does first though.
If I had went direct bolts I'd probably have a little more clearance too.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
265/40, I know that's part of the problem. I saw multiple people on 5/7 drops with them though. Guessing theirs isn't a real 5/7 an mine measures out to 5.5/8.

You must be registered for see images attach

The helper bags are rubbing because I'm using them to raise the rear of the truck up over the fenders. They clear at ride height an are designed to keep the truck there with a load. So by raising it up that creates the interference. I've got to trim the rear fenders, then the tires shouldn't rub an I won't need air in the bags. I was wanting to be able to keep about 40 psi in them though so it didn't look like it was squatting.

An while I'm under there looking at all this, I noticed a leak. It's my new heater core :mad:

Attachments

• 20231219_143331.jpg
    20231219_143331.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 10

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run about 15 in the helpers on my daily NBS 1500, that seems where they're happy. You can grind the fenders or they'll smoke like a sumbitch going down the road.