1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing some work moving again

You must be registered for see images attach

Seems to struggle with it too. Not sure what's up the truck runs well but I've never been impressed with it power wise. It does ok but never like set you back in the seat type stuff. Guess that's just how it is...

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doing some work moving again

Seems to struggle with it too. Not sure what's up the truck runs well but I've never been impressed with it power wise. It does ok but never like set you back in the seat type stuff. Guess that's just how it is...
That's how my truck is, oddly enough it seemed to have way more power before I ever started towing. Even after the 0411 it feels winded, but I think the transmission being hurt and big tires with 3.73s are a big factor too.
So hopefully a rebuilt trans, a mildly built motor, and a set of 4.10s will make my truck pull as hard as it should.
What gears do you have in this truck again?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's how my truck is, oddly enough it seemed to have way more power before I ever started towing. Even after the 0411 it feels winded, but I think the transmission being hurt and big tires with 3.73s are a big factor too.
So hopefully a rebuilt trans, a mildly built motor, and a set of 4.10s will make my truck pull as hard as it should.
What gears do you have in this truck again?
4.10s with an NV4500. It did ok really I just had to down shift to 3rd more than I thought I would have. Thinking about have the local tuner look at it an see what he thinks an if he can take the timing up from how far back the factory has it. I still get the occasional rich on bank 2 fault so there could be something up with it.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No turning back now. This frame is 3/8 thick :crazy:

Insurance called right as that chunk of frame hit the floor. Said the internet told them to send me a salvage title asap :lol:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Getting serious now, fixing to make it worthless :evillol:

What kit did you go with for lowering? Getting ready for the same on my '91. Springs up front and shackle/hangers out back. How low are you going?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kit did you go with for lowering? Getting ready for the same on my '91. Springs up front and shackle/hangers out back. How low are you going?
I'm not sissy so I'm going 5/7 :lol: an like I always say, kits suck so I put together my own stuff from several places.

Flip with ubolts, notch an overload setup is TinWorks.
Belltech driveline kit
Kyb gr2 shocks
Ebay shock extenders
"Bell suspension" spindles also from eBay
Cutting one coil :crazy: