1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All in good time. I would just keep that in as good condition as it is for now.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
All in good time. I would just keep that in as good condition as it is for now.

I plan to. This awful snowy New Jersey weather coupled with salt on the roads now sure isn't helping my cause however.

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be worse, you could be northern Ontario Canada where I am, and have to replace every panel and the box like I had to

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Could be worse, you could be northern Ontario Canada where I am, and have to replace every panel and the box like I had to

That sounds horrible, you're making me feel lucky. I hope I never have to go through that... So far I've got no real rust, and I'm hoping it can stay that way until I can move to a place that doesn't have snow or salty roads

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
If you're still looking at a way to mount your antenna, tomorrow I could grab you a picture of how I did mine on the new truck. Mounted it right to the front inner fender, and it only involved two small holes(Feel bad drilling holes in the new truck...for now)

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
If you're still looking at a way to mount your antenna, tomorrow I could grab you a picture of how I did mine on the new truck. Mounted it right to the front inner fender, and it only involved two small holes(Feel bad drilling holes in the new truck...for now)

I would definitely be interested in seeing how you did it. I tend to shy away at the thought of any drilling, but I'd love to see how you did it regardless. Ideally I need to find some method that doesn't involve drilling but I'll consider anything

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
I would definitely be interested in seeing how you did it. I tend to shy away at the thought of any drilling, but I'd love to see how you did it regardless. Ideally I need to find some method that doesn't involve drilling but I'll consider anything

I only drilled because I didn't want to buy the mount, and can't weld the aluminum angle iron I have. They don't make a dedicated mount for these trucks(That I could find) but you could look at something like this: http://www.rightchannelradios.com/adjustable-universal-hood-mount.html

Basically I have three pieces of angle iron, and two small self-tappers into the inner fender. I'll get a picture tomorrow for you.

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
Decided to run outside to shovel the driveway, and grabbed some pictures while i was outside.
You must be registered for see images attach

The only cable that's exposed is from the bottom of the antenna to the hood, the spot in the door, and an inch to the bottom of the radio. I took me 8 feet of Coax to do that with a fair amount of slack.