1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Beautiful truck love it! Get those steps off

Thanks man, I think I'll be taking them off come summer time. This way I can let all the snow and salt kick into them instead of my truck's paint

I'm just a little worried how the paint will be under them, I couldn't imagine there's rust but you never know

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Thanks man, I think I'll be taking them off come summer time. This way I can let all the snow and salt kick into them instead of my truck's paint

I'm just a little worried how the paint will be under them, I couldn't imagine there's rust but you never know

Mine didn't have rust but they do have the holes from the bolts

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Truck is gorgeous, very nice.

That stereo, does it play music that's on your device or does it bluetooth like Pandora? I was gonna get the add-on piece for mine to play music via bluetooth but it would only play the music that's actually stored on my phone.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

That stereo, does it play music that's on your device or does it bluetooth like Pandora? I was gonna get the add-on piece for mine to play music via bluetooth but it would only play the music that's actually stored on my phone.
Mine will play anything I play in my phone

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score

Thanks man

It plays anything, it'll play pandora as well as any stations that I have on an iheart radio app, as well as the music I have on my phone
It also came with a mic that I mounted by the overhead console which allows me to talk on the phone without any issues

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Thanks man

It plays anything, it'll play pandora as well as any stations that I have on an iheart radio app, as well as the music I have on my phone
It also came with a mic that I mounted by the overhead console which allows me to talk on the phone without any issues

Good to know. My stereo is already about 6yrs old but apparently they've made some advances with this stuff.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Good to know. My stereo is already about 6yrs old but apparently they've made some advances with this stuff.

They've come a long way

Apparently mine can be hooked up to sirius xm radio as well but it seems like a PITA to me, plus I'm not about to pay for that when I can just play what I want on my phone

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
They've come a long way

Apparently mine can be hooked up to sirius xm radio as well but it seems like a PITA to me, plus I'm not about to pay for that when I can just play what I want on my phone

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone still uses XM when these customizable streaming apps are out.