1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Decided to run outside to shovel the driveway, and grabbed some pictures while i was outside.
You must be registered for see images attach

The only cable that's exposed is from the bottom of the antenna to the hood, the spot in the door, and an inch to the bottom of the radio. I took me 8 feet of Coax to do that with a fair amount of slack.

Looks pretty good, I think the thing that deter me the most is the location. I was really looking to put it on the bed (ideally so I could run dual CB antennas the way you see on many trucks)
That's pretty creative with the bracket right by the hood there, I certainly wouldn't have thought to do that myself

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Its extremely crude but maybe you get the idea a bit better

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I was going to just drill holes for that idea but now I'm trying to find a low profile black UWS box and get a big whip for it.

My biggest problem is drilling. It's not that I can't, of course, but I'm so hesitant to drill into my truck. It's as if it's brand new still and I like to try to avoid drilling for anything...

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Got the Viper autostart installed today. This thing's going to do absolute wonders in this hellish winter. We have a low temperature of 2* F tomorrow. I truly do hate the cold, but at least I'll be coming out to a warm truck instead of having to run out to start it first.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
My biggest problem is drilling. It's not that I can't, of course, but I'm so hesitant to drill into my truck. It's as if it's brand new still and I like to try to avoid drilling for anything...

ever plan to sell it? if not, drill away. I was like that too but after doing it a couple times, I don't think twice about it. Now I double and triple check before drilling but that's so I don't have 500 holes in my truck

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
ever plan to sell it? if not, drill away. I was like that too but after doing it a couple times, I don't think twice about it. Now I double and triple check before drilling but that's so I don't have 500 holes in my truck

As of now, I absolutely plan on keeping it. But I know things change over time...

Trust me, I'd measure once, twice, three times, and then a fourth. I'm slightly worried about rust in the long run as well