1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I like the looks of them. I think it would look good on your truck.

Thanks, I'm thinking it would look good as well, but I have some hesitation for some reason. You think the standard backrack or the louvered one would look better on mine?

If it's the brand back rack like the one below I've seen these on countless work trucks no issues, I think it will be ok, I like the look of them

The one on my work truck doesn't have a brand marking I can see
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd use the name brand - I hate cheaping out on things especially brands so it's usually all or nothing for me

Leveled with a back rack?

I really should level the truck shouldn't I...? I'm not sure why I haven't but that may be in future plans

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also a good place to mount CB whips off that style of back rack, I'm sure with some imagination you could make it look really sharp

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you'll look through my build thread there are pictures of my truck before an after the lift with the back rack. I was going to post them in here for you but I must have attached them to those posts in my thread. I liked the way it looked on mine. The link to the thread is in my sig.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Also a good place to mount CB whips off that style of back rack, I'm sure with some imagination you could make it look really sharp

That's what I'm hoping, I'm sure I could find a good spot on the backrack, and I'd do dual whips as well

If you'll look through my build thread there are pictures of my truck before an after the lift with the back rack. I was going to post them in here for you but I must have attached them to those posts in my thread. I liked the way it looked on mine. The link to the thread is in my sig.

I'll search for it once I get on a computer, maybe it'll give me a good idea what to expect it to look like. Thanks

If you ever wanna get rid of those steps I'm interested

I'm thinking about taking them off come summer time, they make my truck look lower than I want them to so if I take them off we can definitely work something out

Something makes your stance look really nose down for some odd reason .

I think the side steps do it a little bit. Other than that, it's cause the truck is a little nose down I guess, I don't have a leveling kit or anything at all done to the suspension.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping, I'm sure I could find a good spot on the backrack, and I'd do dual whips as well

I had dual antennas on mine. I had the brackets that allow you to use a tool box with the rack. I mounted them on that since I wasn't running box.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score

Found it in your build thread. I like the way you did that and I'd probably do something really similar, but I just realized that my Roll N Lock bed cover is going to get in the way of a backrack too... crap.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found it in your build thread. I like the way you did that and I'd probably do something really similar, but I just realized that my Roll N Lock bed cover is going to get in the way of a backrack too... crap.
Ya I don't think you could run any type of cover with a rack. Unless you custom built one to work with it.