1996 Chevrolet c3500HD CrewCab BEAST - Junkyard Rescue Take II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
If it didn’t have so much rust that’d be a good find

Look at my post above found you another one if you want to go to Alabama lol

reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-chevy-c3500-hd/6439722700.html

I know this not a crew cab but for the price I might be great for parts. The rear axle looks like it could be a wider one.

I might have to consider that, thank you for the find! I've been learning how to use the F600 rollback at the junkyard and did my first tow with it today (was a RCSB K1500 as a matter of fact), so maybe I can use that truck and run to Reno and pick this up with the wheel lift. I think it's too heavy for the rollback.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
...nor do I want to drop $3500 on a 4L80e gear vendors since I plan on running a different transmission in the long term. So I'm iffy there.

And, I found out that the 94 6.5 DB4 injection pump is a one year only pump, and to make it work with a 96 computer I need to either find a 96 IP, .....What do you all think??
the GV uses an adapter to fit other transmissions. just buy a different adapter to swap the unit.
i have a 96 IP, still on the engine i pulled from the other, truck sitting in the shop. not sure of the condition because the truck quit running after i ran a batch of bad fuel through it.
make sure to post what you use to paint the handles. heard of powder coat but i don't want to spend that much.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
make sure to post what you use to paint the handles. heard of powder coat but i don't want to spend that much.

Lil off topic but there's a diy powdercoat system through eastwood, Idk how well it works, never used it, but cheaper then having a shop do it

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Giving them away. The Sumitomo's are OK tires, but at the price it's hard to care what brand they are. Buy the whole damn thing; the price is less than what 2 of those tires cost new.

Richard

gstubbz

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It's got some door handles! It looks so much better with all four. Put a new window in the drivers side, still need to do the passenger side.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score

Another update! So I was using the f600 tow truck today to pick up a 98 k1500, got stranded because of a blown 245/70/R19.5 tire on the tow truck, and I'm waiting on someone from work to bring me a tire, and these pop up on a Facebook group and my friend tags me in them. So while I'm waiting, I get ahold of this guy who is ironically in the same town I'm at (Truckee) and is bringing them over to me now while I wait for a 245.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro