Question For EBL Flash-II Users

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Majoraslayer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For you guys running the EBL Flash-II ECM tuner mod, do you have a software option to set up the ECM for automatic vs. manual transmissions? I have a spare ECM pulled from a manual truck I'm looking to send in to get the mod, but my truck has the 700R4 auto. The same pin on the ECM controls either the SHIFT light in the dash on manual transmissions, or controls TCC on the 700R4. My understanding is that this is PROM-dependent, and I know from experience that the manual chip will cause weird behavior in the TCC when swapped into my auto truck. If this is built into the PROM, does the EBL Flash-II completely replace the PROM and allow me to choose to run the ECM in TCC mode?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a spare ECM pulled from a manual truck I'm looking to send in to get the mod, but my truck has the 700R4 auto. The same pin on the ECM controls either the SHIFT light in the dash on manual transmissions, or controls TCC on the 700R4. My understanding is that this is PROM-dependent, and I know from experience that the manual chip will cause weird behavior in the TCC when swapped into my auto truck. If this is built into the PROM, does the EBL Flash-II completely replace the PROM and allow me to choose to run the ECM in TCC mode?
He doesn't use your PROM, you pick a .bin which closely resembles your truck and build it from there. Here's some of the .bins to choose from - ones for 700R4 others for 4 or 5 speed manual.

You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He doesn't use your PROM, you pick a .bin which closely resembles your truck and build it from there. Here's some of the .bins to choose from - ones for 700R4 others for 4 or 5 speed manual.

I ran the 2005 on the 87 G20 when I first got it with the L03 in it. I can confirm it did run the stock L03/TH400 combination quite well.

Majoraslayer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

It's interesting that all of the 5.7/700R4 trucks are listed as 2WD. I'd take it that GM probably never made a custom tune to account for 4WD vs. the 2WD version in 88-92, which means 2011 is probably the right starting point for me.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score