1996 Chevrolet c3500HD CrewCab BEAST - Junkyard Rescue Take II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Yeah, mine still has the original frame and wheel base. They cut the floor pan to clear the frame on mine. Make a replacement cab hard to find for me. I like that your will use a standard gm cab instead of a custom one like mine.

Really odd! How much do the new floor pans sit above the floor? And I agree, I like that it is as factory as possible looking. Truth will come out in the frame when I remove the cab so I can clean and paint the frame.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Asked those people with the RV if I could borrow their rims for a day and they kindly declined. So ****. Back to hunting for some! There is a RV place out along highway 395, maybe the next time I go through I'll ask the owner if he has any junk RVs around with some ten luggers.

I've been wanting to start stripping this truck down for a while now!

gstubbz

Reaction score
Winch it up on a trailer with no wheels

It has the dust shields around the rotors that would get thrashed. Might be able to get some rounds of wood underneath it if I can get it on the trailer. I'll try the campground guy and if that fails I'll say **** it and drag it. I need something to do on the weekends! Stripping this thing is a start lol

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly if you need to get that truck out of there you'll find a way. Make a dolly out of an old dead 10 bolt axle, lift up the HD and throw it under there and chain it to the frame. It only has to make it onto and off the trailer, after all.

Richard

seth_fisher

Reaction score
The floor pan is about 4" taller than the original floor......just enough room for the rear seat to clear and that's it.....

gstubbz

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm motivated to get it rolling today. Found a 16" 10 lug that I hope will work. Needs a tire though. Now to find one more.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro