1996 Chevrolet c3500HD CrewCab BEAST - Junkyard Rescue Take II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
So um, a little off topic from the GMT400 stuff, but the GMT800s in Mexico did have the Vortec 5.7 in some trucks, alongside the 5.3 and all trucks were badged as 2500s.

I'm pretty sure this is a 350, couldn't see it being a 5.3 one bit. This was in a 2002.

You must be registered for see images attach

And another in a 2000 400SS. Super weird.

You must be registered for see images attach

LMB1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have an 5.3 LS block vortec outside with the water pump and everything you need to get to it off, that's definitely not a 5.3

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it wasn't such a drive I'd lend you mine, 20ft 10k, hauled abt 12k in hay no prob.

Everything they make in Mexico is strange.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
They sorta did that with the Ram during that crossover year. You could get new body style but with a 360 magnum. Looked weird sitting in there.
Slow as **** too

gstubbz

Reaction score
Talked to a guy who was selling those c3500hds and he said that they need to sell the entire truck. So that blows. I mentioned it's like a 2+ hour trip and he said "you from susanville?" And I was like that's exactly where I'm from. Then he said his phone told me so I was like oh lol

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

Mater03

Reaction score
that blue interior gmt800 is messing with my head LOL

can not wait till you get this done it's awesome

gstubbz

Reaction score
If it wasn't such a drive I'd lend you mine, 20ft 10k, hauled abt 12k in hay no prob.

Everything they make in Mexico is strange.

Move to Burney or Old Station then I would be cool making the drive :D Your trailer is so much nicer than my ratty ass one, I still should have never put that c3500 dually on it lol

My father's 01 Sierra SLT in Canada was optioned with a 5.7L Vortec. He bought it brand new off the lot.

**** really? I thought Canada was on the same page with all the US trucks but I guessed wrong.

They sorta did that with the Ram during that crossover year. You could get new body style but with a 360 magnum. Looked weird sitting in there.
Slow as **** too

I guess they did that with some of the 03 Ram 1500s too, where Daimler was **** about only the 25/3500s getting the Hemi there for a little bit at the start. My 03 was made in November of 2002 with a hemi so idk when they made the decision for the 1500s to get the hemi. I personally would never want any of those older magnums, they did seem pretty slow!

that blue interior gmt800 is messing with my head LOL

can not wait till you get this done it's awesome

Watch there is probably some sort of red GMT800 interior we know nothing about too!

And thank you! I have lots of ideas and plans but no money to fund any of this quite yet, but it will come eventually! If I had a donor 454 suburban I could probably have it finished pretty quick and be running and driving but I plan to go the extra mile stripping it to the frame and making sure everything is perfect and making it exactly what I want. Fortunately I'm much more patient than I was when I was younger!