1994 ECSB 5.3/60E swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry for such a long time to get on here, i wasnt getting a lot of input on the thread so i kinda let it die.

first off i live in Lutcher, La about 30min from Baton Rouge.

i enjoy helping in every way i can, just lemme know what you need an ill try and help. i order a Nelson Perfrmance harness its for a 99-02 gen III motor, but tweeked for my Gen IV block. knock sensors are on side of the block an im having issues with the drivers side LT being too close to
the harness so we'll see.

i got my motor and tranny from LKQ in Satsuma, 1700 for engine/tranny.
i dont know if i updated anything on here but here we go.

2008 5.3
2006 4L60E
Circle D 3000 stall/vette servos/superior Billet 4th gear servo
220/224 .585.588 113+4 cam
custom LTs, Powdercoated
custom Y pipe asap
Magnaflow round muffler
799 heads with Patriot Extreme valbe springs
ARP head bolts
FAST 90mm TB
Josh Powers custom A/C bracket
Walbro 255 Grand National Fuel Pump, my own special kill switch
a lot of cash in the fuel line/fittings
i got the 58x to 24x conversion kit
2005 Radiator an E fans(Modified) with NP e fan harnessuh i sold my 90mm plate system before i blow the truck up.

im hoping for 14.8 as it sits with a very mild tune.

truck still has 3:42s, unknown if it has posi or not bc the 4.3 couldnt spin the tires lol.

future plans after the truck is up an running correctly is a Flat Black paint job with some Cragar Soft 8s 15x8 up front an a 15x10 in the rear with a mild lower kit

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry for such a long time to get on here, i wasnt getting a lot of input on the thread so i kinda let it die.

Don't let this thread die! I didn't find the thread till relatively recently, and I didn't want to clutter up the thread. There is definitely interest in this thread, so please, keep the pics and info coming as you are able to!

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
clutter it up! lol i dont mind.

i got my wiring cleaned up, the wires ran for the starter, the speedo wire ran inside the truck along with the tac. uh i got my ecm mounted an im trying to repin the ecm for my e fans. i left my FP relay on the fire wall even though my FP is ran off the new harness. uh
i should be bolting in my tranny cross member tomorrow an the d shaft if i dont go pick up my other short block with my F5 cam :) its a 224/228
cam i think.

im only going down to a 3:73 vs a 4:10 in this truck i dont want to kill my gas mileage.

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It'll be a little while before I can score an LQ4 and take my truck off the road for the swap; it's my dailydriver.

:popcorn:

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
better save up for some extra parts lol. i got the perfect cam sitting in my garage for an LQ4/9 or 6.2 ;)

lowastro

Reaction score
nice man i live right here in garyville...ill have to look up that place for an engine,i just pulled my 88 out the backyard to start some cleanin on it...keep the progress up

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowastro, who do you know from gramercy/lutcher area? dont let a 08 CCSB (white) with a Truckshop Performance sticker on the back glass with a blue dog in the windsheild fool ya ;) it's not stock either.

the 88 should be a lil easier, but it may not be....the 700R4 is the same case, just not electronic. your fuel pump needs to be changed(easy as hell) your radiator will work on the new motor too.(i just upgraded for the sake of not having to do it later) if you have any questions lemme know man, id be more than welcome to help you. may have to pm you and letcha know when i finally take the truck out and prolly pass by and letcha check it out. it's nothing special, just a work truck....that's cammed and stalled lol

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well...just a lil update.

the shifter is in and works PERFECT, actually better than it did with the old set up, not a lot of slack in the shifter anymore.
the starter is wired and mounted. the o2 sensors are installed and out the way of the exhaust. i have to drill 3 new 7/16" holes for the tranny mount and bolt it in. i got 4 gauge wire to run my efans from the Nelson harness(its got 2 power supplies imma just cut the ends and chrimp it into the 4 gauge) i got the wiring sorted out for the Nelson Performance harness and all it needs is 12v to make the harness work with the key :) uh when Truckshop gets some time to swing by and turn of the Vatts and disable all the codes it'll throw i should be able to take it around the block. oh and i need 3" custom exhaust so i can change the tranny fluid without pulling the Y pipe

as of right now the truck should be tuned saturday and ill be up and driving it come the following week. but i gotta put hoses, fluids, and get a drive belt thats long enough. imma do a lot tomorow like all the hoses, the fluids, and hopefully have the drive belt length very close. we'll see though

then its on to finishing my 6.2 :)

whats yalls thoughts on a Cragar soft 8 (black) with a flat black paint job, mild tint(its a DD i get enough crap in my CC)
im thinking of adding a Bullet in front of the Magnaflow if i dont like the tone of it.