1994 ECSB 5.3/60E swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im new to the site, was recommended to join..so here we go. bare with me this is basically a copy and paste as of right now.

it all started because the transmission went out..yeah i could have put a tranny back in it. why do that?? isnt there always a good reason for upgrading to a LSx motor and tranny in a DD thats beat up? i say yes! I will street race this truck just like i do my CC.
im not going crazy with the truck, i just want to jump in it and beat on it all day and if i had to drive it to new york i could. take it to the track lay down a high 14 and still be dependable.
list is short but its all ive got so far.
frame mounts from autozone bc i have a V6.(55.00)
2000 corvette fuel filter(45.00)
adapter plates(100.00)
(2) 640850
(3) 640860
(2) 610020
(2) 610090
(1) 639200
(1) 800-155(160.00)(do not get the 800-154 it is the 5/16 double bead fuel line and it WILL not fit the vette filter. the damn summit guy is a moron!)
clam shell mounts to bolt to the block(free)
tune is already worked out(100.00)
upper and lower radiator hoses(45.00)
FAST 90mm TB(dbc)(300.00)
2008 vin#J 5.3(950.00)
2006 60E (650.00)
58t to 24t converter(275.00)
TB Stall(275.00)

parts i still need:
fuel pump(170.00)
20' SS line(100.00)
Nelson Performance wiring harness(675.00)
32" radiator and e-fans(500.00)
carrier bearing(25.00)
3:73 gears (200.00)
tru trac and master install kit (400.00 ebay)

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i picked this combo up
2008 5.3 Vin# J 1,000 miles 2006 4L60E 22,000 miles.
now all i need is my adapter plates, wiring harness, fuel line, fuel pump, radiator, e fans, tune.
You must be registered for see images attach

before i tore anything out of it lmao

been on nights this week, so i havent gotten much done other than mounting my external tranny cooler.

there's one more bracket that goes at the bottom but i think this is gonna be ok so i'll see how it goes.
i want to put compression fittings on the cooler into a SS braided line and go to a -6AN fitting into the radiator cooler that way it looks cleaner than the crap that comes with the cooler itself. the cooler isnt very big but then again im not running a huge cam or a large stall (TB Stall) so i think it'll do. only had to drill 1 hole on the left of it to mount to the AC Condensor and a hole in the bracket to mount to the cooler itself. so it was really simple.

i should be picking up my motor and tranny tomorrow but it'll be on a pallet for a week bc ill be on days this week coming. but while i wait on my stall and adapter plates to arrive ill go ahead an do the servos and shift kit. i want it to shift firm at part throttle and firm on the WOT. i just dont want it to snap my neck everytime it shifts at part throttle.

i can't wait to finish this damn thing, the love bugs are killing my truck. plus i want to put gears/stall/shift kit/servos/cam in my CC

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
small update
enjoy.

2008 5.3 1,000 miles

i don't know why it looks like the top of the valve cover has runs in it. it's in the cast i'd guess. oh well, you can't see it anyways.

Chevy Orange 2000*F

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

the block isnt that color, its the old head gasket still on there.

gotta love flat top pistons :twisted

im not milling the heads anymore...the guy had them for 6 weeks an never touched them so i domt have time to wait on the heads anymote

Last edited:

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, yours is Perfect IMHO that thing is just nasty! i wish i would have bought a SCSB 4wd vs build this but its ok..it'll love the 6.0 in due time ;)

Kre8speed

Reaction score
So in doing this swap which I think is just bad ass will you be able to keep your a/c and p/s ect? Also is the wiring a stand alone setup and you just splice what is needed into the factory harness?

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah ill be keeping my stock AC, a guy on pt.net will make me a bracket that will keep the stock AC. i ordered a Nelson Perfotmance wiring harness itll have a connector for my e fans, my battery, my ground, my ignition, my fuel pump.
ill be using an adapter to be able to keep my stock oil pressure gauge an my water temp gauge. the fuel gauge will still work. ill be running a A/F gauge bc it'll have a 125 shot on it if everything goes to plan ;)
i just install my patriot extreme valve springs..wow not as hard as i thought. next is to pull the cam an throw the 220/224 cam in

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

stock valve springs

Patriot Extreme Valve Springs .660 lift :twisted

waiting on my harness then it's time to throw this sucker back together