1994 ECSB 5.3/60E swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
van wheels? i thought the stock wheels were only 7" even the 454SS wheels are only 7" wide. i need an 8" up front and a 10" for the rear. the Cragar Soft 8s are the closest thing ive found to what i like, and arent "Custom" to kill my pocket.

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well got another update

got the tranny mount holes drilled and bolted in. i ran the e fan wiring, all i have to do is find the high pressure side of the AC so the efans know when to kick on high. i got the d shaft bolted in, its really time for u-joints so i think imma get the truck up and running and pull the d shaft again and replace them plus have it high speed balanced. uh im swapping header bolts bc i dont like the ones that came with the LTs. i have to charge the battery back up again, from sitting for a month it dropped to 8.9v so yeah i think its time for a new battery if this one keeps dying.

although i did get to turn the key a lil to hear the teeth on the starter hit the flywheel

i need a water jug from a 99+ chevy/gmc so i can actually add water to the radiator

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Progress! Sweet!

By water jug are you talking about an overflow tank?????

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
no the 99+ trucks have a pressurized water jug, unlike the OBS that have an over flow tank. i already have that but cant use it anymore. i bought one from the dealer....72.00 for the coolant jug, and 17.00 for the cap. i should have everything installed tomorrow but exhaust, and tune :) so HOPEFULLY Saturday it'll be tuned.

im hoping to rip the tires 1st and 2nd gear with that cam. the lowest imma go gear wise is 3:73s bc it's a DD and i dont care what the track time is.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no the 99+ trucks have a pressurized water jug, unlike the OBS that have an over flow tank. i already have that but cant use it anymore. i bought one from the dealer....72.00 for the coolant jug, and 17.00 for the cap. i should have everything installed tomorrow but exhaust, and tune :) so HOPEFULLY Saturday it'll be tuned.

im hoping to rip the tires 1st and 2nd gear with that cam. the lowest imma go gear wise is 3:73s bc it's a DD and i dont care what the track time is.

Interesting, I learned something new. That thing isn't going to be a slouch no matter what gears you run, that's for sure.

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
old camaro wheela huh? i like em, in a flat black powder coating..hell yeah. im kicking around the idea to swap to a 6 lug, i have a set of 99Z71 Tahoe wheels theyre Alcoa Forged Aluminums 16x7 an only 19lbs a wheel.

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
today should be the day that i get a ton of crap finished on the truck...but work was hell so im going to sleep till around 130 or so then back up and do it all over again. these 19-20hrs up at a time is starting to make me exhausted.

iamkeniff

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

my buddy is going to bring me his old CAI so imma modify it to run it on the truck. as of right now im getting the truck tuned in the morning so it should be running moving tomorrow :)