1993-Sierra-Z71's Slow Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, I think a bearing in either my Alternator or my waterpump or something is going bad, I hear a whine noise when driving now, like a supercharger whine, but i dont have a supercharger haha. So i got to diagnose the issue and fix it.

I have the same issue. I think we figured out its coming from my alternator. It don't bother me like it should though. I wanna just get a 140amp alternator but those cost money...

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I think we figured out its coming from my alternator. It don't bother me like it should though. I wanna just get a 140amp alternator but those cost money...

Yes they do.

Well I'm finally list all the other stuff that was done to the truck when my grandfather still owned it, Imma type it out on a Word document first and then copy and paste it so its easier.

Last edited:

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Four LT265/75R16 Firestone Widetrack Baja A/T's, Feb 2nd 2005, $362.60
Replace right manifold, gasket and studs, exhuast pipe, March 2011, $432.55
Replace belt, 2 tail pipes?, muffler, pipe, clamps, December '96, $267.75

Just had something pop up, gotta do that so ill continue this later

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
The '93 Dosent like my GF. on 2 diffrent times we were going to walmart, The truck just died when i was turning after sitting at a red light. The occuraces happend a month apart, and also the truck decided to de-badge itself on the passenger side when she slammed my door shut (door pins are bad.) so i gotta super glue it back into the molding soon. The truck also died on my dad at a red light not to long ago, So that just re-enforces the need for a Tune-Up, Besides the 8MPG. I checked the plug wires last year and they are all fine so imma just get plugs, and a cap nd rotor.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
I'm thinking that imma just let the '93 Rot in Peace. Frame is pretty much Junk, between the crack and how rotted it is, Inside rockers are junk, rockers are junk, bed is junk, cab corners that were replaced a few years ago are rotting once again, The only things that are good on the '93 are the Interior (Mint condition), Front Fenders (Brand new a few years back), and the Engine, (131k Miles). Core support on the bottom is rotted a bit, inner fenders are rotting, its sad to see a truck that i basicly grew up in rot away slowly. I was brought home from the hospital in it, it was the first vehicle i drove, ect. alot of memories.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's sad to hear, but understandable. There is only so much you can do with what you have and there is a point in a truck's life where its clearly gone over the hill.

By all rights though, if you take out even one piece of it when she finally croaks (or its time for her to hang up her hat), you'll still always have those memories when you look at that part/piece. I don't know if you have the means to do it, but once that body and frame go completely to hell, it might be worth pulling the engine and putting her in a nicer, cleaner (possibly high mile) 88-94. Just a thought.

I know once my truck croaks, I have a list of things I'm gonna pull out and put in my next 96-99. If I could find another 96-99 that matched my paint and was in fantastic condtion, IDC what configuration it is, I'd learn to drive stick after I buy it if I had to. lol

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
I'm thinking that imma just let the '93 Rot in Peace. Frame is pretty much Junk, between the crack and how rotted it is, Inside rockers are junk, rockers are junk, bed is junk, cab corners that were replaced a few years ago are rotting once again, The only things that are good on the '93 are the Interior (Mint condition), Front Fenders (Brand new a few years back), and the Engine, (131k Miles). Core support on the bottom is rotted a bit, inner fenders are rotting, its sad to see a truck that i basicly grew up in rot away slowly. I was brought home from the hospital in it, it was the first vehicle i drove, ect. alot of memories.

don't do it youll judt end up being sadder if you let it rot

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Well it's been awhile since I updated, The few things that I did to the old girl are new brakes in front and rear, rebuilt the rear brakes as well, welded the frame (not sure if I updated about it) and a few small things. Odometer reads 136k miles.

I'm looking to buying this 03 ecsb though. 5.3, z71, under 100k miles, billet grill insert and NO RUST!!!!!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Ill snap some more pics in the daylight soon.

Sent from my supercharged ls9 OBS.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score

Sent from my rusted to hell and back OBS