1991 RCLB Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Ok evening drive home report.

Starter just clicked and clicked then finally caught. Looks like I am buying a starter.

Other than that issue I think the drive home was good.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Reminds me of my old rclb. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
OK, I know you don't have this seat anymore, but would you have a pic? I've never seen nor heard of a 454SS having a bench seat & I'm curious.

Well come to find out it's not a '454' bench. Although the '93 sales brochure shows a 454 with a red 60/40 bench with headrests. Further investigation shows my bench might have come from an extended cab at one time.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Might not be the starter, might be a bad connection at it. If it is the starter, I have Turd's still if its the same, should be.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Ok, repairing this truck $20 at a time. Put together a list of things that I want to address. Everything from pinion seal to window tint. Different levels of priority. Here's what I ordered today.

195F T-stat with gasket, coolant and distilled water.

Pinion seal, rear diff cover and fluid.

This weekend is looking good for weather. Before I drive this truck any further the pinion seal must be replaced. It's leaking too much for my liking and who know how much it leaked before I bought it.

So that's my weekend to-do list for this truck, let alone the three other vehicles that need love at this house too.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Parts Plus FTW (I am told the 'plus' in Parts Plus stands for when you fart and a little **** comes out...that's the plus. An employee informed me of this.)

Diff cover and pinion seal came in today. Got my t-stat and gasket as well.

The plan is to paint the diff cover black and switch the bolts to stainless, at least something on the truck will look cool.

Flushing the cooling system and filling with green coolant. Looks like someone replaced the heater core at some point and did a half-ass job of it. We'll get it all fixed up though, it's a project anyway.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Pinion seal and diff cover have been replaced.

T-stat replaced.

Removed the nasty under hood insulation. Anything to help reduce under hood temps is good with me.

More general clean up and it's looking pretty good at this point.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach