1991 needle cluster with tack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see in the above picture where it shows V8 on that tag.
But on my tag, it has nothing so possibly that would make it a V-6 if they didn’t put the V8 on the tag?
i’m just guessing here cause I have no idea, I got myself in way too deep with this cluster.
To make a long story short when I seen the picture I thought the 140 was miles per hour and after receiving it and unpacking it finding out that it is kilometers.
I would imagine buyer remorse as I have $342 tied up in this cluster as of purchasing it off. CrapBay.
You can go ahead and laugh now I know I made a stupid mistake. That can happen when you’re an old senior citizen.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can go ahead and laugh now I know I made a stupid mistake. That can happen when you’re an old senior citizen.

No laughing here. Been there, goofed that. This hobby is like any other passion -- the good thing is that
it motivates us to do stuff as an active participant -- instead of just watching the telly as a passive observer.

Of course, sometimes we get caught up in the moment, miss something in the fine print, and end up with a bad thing.
I used to get pretty upset when this happens, but have become more philosophical about it, and just try to learn
from my mistakes, and improve my personal hit/miss ratio. I liken it to baseball...nobody bats a thousand! :0)
Live and learn. Much better than doing nothing<>learning nothing.

Just to let you know that I share your appreciation for gauge clusters with a larger max indicated
terminal velocity. I've attached a photo of a gauge cluster (from the internet) that I wouldn't mind finding
one for myself during a treasure yard visit for something else?

Any time I'm looking in a car that started out life as a police vehicle, I always look for that "Certified" logo.

Love that. Most folks wouldn't notice it, but it would be a real conversation starter if the right enthusiast
were to look at the dash of the chore truck & saw this under the bezel.

Sorry that this time at bat it was a swing & a miss. Possibly try reselling it vs living with a metric display?

Attachments

• 130mph Certified police speedo.jpg
    130mph Certified police speedo.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the broadcast code. The GM part number is the small numbers.
Look up the GM part number, see what it's intended for.

I can see in the above picture where it shows V8 on that tag.
But on my tag, it has nothing
Install it, if the tach reads higher than is reasonable, it's a V6 cluster.

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking up that tag number I found this link: http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/16129555.html

---> What is this?---->(with u16 except b4u) ??? and why would it say for GM Cars?

About this 16129555 Cluster​

This part is a cluster, instrument (5.0h, 5.7k, 7.4n, with u16 except b4u), for General Motors cars. It fits for General Motors vehicles which were sold in the U.S., Europe, and UK.