1990 gmc 40/60 bolt hole locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TL73

Reaction score
I have a 40 driver 60 passenger bench I'm installing. Could someone please give me the inner (transmission tunnel) bolt hole locations for the passenger side? (In reference to outer factory holes)

Thanks

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Push the tracks on the seats so that the tracks are at the rear. (Seats forward in truck) If the seats were pulled with them pushed to the back of the truck, be very careful when you hit the release. Keep your mitts outa the way because when that release is hit, those tracks will slam back extremely fast. So fast & so hard, digits can be removed by those things! At the very least, some more stitches.
Loosely bolt the outer tracks to the original holes.
Mark the inner holes on the tracks to the floor.
Remove seats & drill.
Check underneath first, to make sure that you're not drilling into anything important.
Back up those holes with the biggest washers you can find.
A metal plate will work instead of the washers, too.

TL73

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I wish it was that easy. Here's the issue. The bench seat I'm installing (which originally came out of a 1990 truck) had been installed in a different vehicle. The center track over the transmission tunnel has been bent and twisted for the previous application. The seat frame also seems to be twisted. I could get it "close" with that method but I would like to drill the holes in the factory location. That way if I ever changed out this seat with another one it would bolt right up. If I had the exact factory measurements i could use those as a guide to pull the seat frame and track back into place.

Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So it sounds like you have a good seat (or you wouldn't be bothering to install it) with messed-up tracks. My suggestion would be hit the boneyards for a same style seat but with crappy upholstery. Should be very cheap. That way you can get good brackets.

Richard

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I broke a windshield one time when i accidently released the tracks and they shot forward into the glass.