1990 C1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnc1500

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Needs alot of work but will tackle it one step at a time, first gotta get it running again.
Ready for a test fire
IT RUNS....not so good. I got it running after I put another battery in it, Made it about half a mile down the road realized it was starting to get hot and started missing very bad made it back and checked the plugs
Look good to me, not... knew it had to be the head gasket so I ripped intake off and the heads
I checked the block for cracks and couldn't find any but I am sending the heads to the machine shop to get freshened up and to make sure they are not cracked before I carry on with this project. The plan is to get the heads back and re-install everything just so it will be running before I go to deep into the project.

Plans for the body: Cab corners/rocker panels, 2 or 3 inch cowl hood, roll pan. PAINT (not really sure what I am going to do far as paint yet)
Plans for the Suspension: I am going to lower the truck 2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear.
Plans for the interior: I already gutted the interior has some surface rust on the floor plans like every other c1500, I am going to sand the rust and lizard skin(spray sound eliminator) Then either paint over the sound eliminator or put new black carpet in the truck, I am wanting to buy some Tahoe bucket seats to put in the truck because I think they will look way better than the stock ripped seat. I am going to put an aftermarket radio in and I am not sure if I am going to put subwoofers in or not. I am sure their is alot of other minor things I am going to do to the interior but these are the just major things.
Plans for the motor: I am going to just get it running good for now, while I fix the body up/work on the interior. (should take all year haha.) If everything goes right,and I finish the body the way I want, then next years winter, I might pull the motor and freshen it up with a whole rebuild.

That is all for right now, I am sure many things on this build will change, and be different than I stated above. I plan on having it running here in a few weeks depending on how long the machine shop takes. I know, the ride looks like crap right now but it will look better here in a few months.

Here is my other truck---

Johnc1500

Reaction score
Well, I got the heads put back on, and everything was going great, then all of a sudden a couple days later taking it easy and the rods started hammering, soooo that's why the build never went anywhere, I have the truck still sitting in the back yard I don't know if I wanna continue building since I will have to get a complete motor or just leave it sitting. :eek: